PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2009, 03:24 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sweat Spot On Battery ?

My battery appears to accumulating a greasy substance. It is colorless and is only alittle bit which is occurring on the top center of the battery.
If you remove the rear cover and look at the back of the battery, you can see what appears to be a greasy secretion. You can wipe most of it away.
The battery is intact so I don't know if this is a leak? or a type of condensation.
Has anyone experienced this and/or know what this is?
I will try a different battery and see if this happens.

Last edited by Biker1; 07-29-2009 at 03:32 PM.
Old 07-29-2009, 05:01 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO...nothin but the BEST!

TREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Sweat Spot On Battery ?

Mine has it too, right over the HTC Innovations logo. You can see the circle outline from the inside of the battery cover that presses on the battery itself. So the stuff is defininatly coming from the plastic part of the batter cover that covers the camera lens. (Where it says HTC 3.2 Mega Pixels) I think something is getting from our hands or something through the crevises into the hole, and onto the battery. What it is I have no freaking idea.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-29-2009, 06:35 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Good observation regarding the cover as being the source and not the battery itself.
I checked my other 2 batteries before and noticed the same substance.
But strange as it happens after only a short while.
Something can be leeching from the cover due to the heat of the battery.
If you touch the battery while the Diamond is in use, you will notice that the area of the battery that is showing the substance is the warmest part of the battery.
The areas around that area are cooler.
Old 07-30-2009, 08:17 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

majorassface is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmajorassface is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmajorassface is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmajorassface is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Hey,

Just thought I would post a pic. i have been noticing this since about a month after I bought it. Never figured it out though. Enjoy!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF1600_opt.jpg (34.7 KB, 33 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-30-2009, 10:29 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Intrepid
Carrier: The Now Network

rafyrod is keeping up the good workrafyrod is keeping up the good workrafyrod is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to rafyrod

i had my diamond for 3 months and i never saw that?
Old 07-30-2009, 10:41 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by majorassface View Post
Hey,

Just thought I would post a pic. i have been noticing this since about a month after I bought it. Never figured it out though. Enjoy!
Hey, that looks familiar
And a few registry tweaks
HTC DIAMOND DISASSEMBLY/ASSEMBLY/PARTS/REPAIR HELP HERE >

"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security"
-Ben Franklin
Old 07-30-2009, 01:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

elmariachi is keeping up the good workelmariachi is keeping up the good work

Humm... I have this as well never noticed it until you pointed it out...
Old 07-30-2009, 02:38 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Ditto, however it doesn't seem to affect phone operations.
Old 07-30-2009, 02:47 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Who knows what this substance might be and where it came from.
May have to post this in the conspiracy thread
Old 07-30-2009, 03:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hero

jonnythan is keeping up the good workjonnythan is keeping up the good workjonnythan is keeping up the good work

You will notice that dead center over that spot, on the underside of the cover, is a little hole.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond