PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   HTC Diamond Won't Sync HELP!! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=62689)

dominicricci 03-27-2009 10:01 PM

HTC Diamond Won't Sync HELP!!

Okay I have my HTC Diamond I have Windows Vista. I have downloaded Windows Mobile Device Center and I plug in my Phone and NOTHING HAPPENS. I go to the Device Center says not connected. What do I do. What do I downloaded. HELP!

MrObvious 03-28-2009 01:59 AM

Re: HTC Diamond Won't Sync HELP!!

Hmm. When you plug it in does it pop up a menu on the phone asking if you want to choose between ActiveSync, Disk Drive, or Internet Sharing?

asapelectric 03-28-2009 05:35 AM

Im having the same problems, I dont know what else to do. Ive done everything I can possibly think of.:violent2:

dominicricci 03-28-2009 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrObvious (Post 805350)
Hmm. When you plug it in does it pop up a menu on the phone asking if you want to choose between ActiveSync, Disk Drive, or Internet Sharing?

No IT DOESN'T recognize it at all. I plug it in and nothing happens. I go to my USB mass storage and it says unknown device. I click driver info. NO DRIVERS INSTALLED.

borderal 03-28-2009 09:21 AM

Ok get a new usb cable if it is broken. BUT to get active sync working ou have to download windows mobile device center. Then when you connect your device it should say ON YOUR DEVICE active sync or disk drive. click active sync. then download any exe file on your computer and it will do the rest for you

dominicricci 03-28-2009 09:53 AM

I have Windows Mobile Device Center I know how to connect it. WHEN I CONNECT IT. NOTHING HAPPENS. It is shown in my USB Mass Storage as an unknown device! Do I need drivers or what

selders59 03-28-2009 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dominicricci (Post 804999)
Okay I have my HTC Diamond I have Windows Vista. I have downloaded Windows Mobile Device Center and I plug in my Phone and NOTHING HAPPENS. I go to the Device Center says not connected. What do I do. What do I downloaded. HELP!

:violent2:Have you had your Diamond sync'd with your pc before or is this a new sync? If you had it sync'd before you might have to open mobile device center-click settings and click "end partnership"-then try to re-establish your connection like it was new. I have had to do this many times with all the rom flashing.

dominicricci 03-28-2009 10:26 AM

This is the first sync! And my computer isn't finding it

b4u2 03-28-2009 10:39 AM

try this
go to Start\Settings\Connections\USBtoPC uncheck Enable faster data Synchronization.

dominicricci 03-28-2009 10:41 AM

I Knwowwwwwww I Said I Did That