PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2009, 12:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Bell Canada

iggy is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Link Rhodium 'All People' to a softkey/hardkey

Is this remotely possible, I find that HTC finally got it right with the All People part of the People Tab.

I really have no use for the tab itself but just go their to use the all people which has the contact/favs/call history simular to iContact so what I would like to do is use GreenButton to hook All People to the Green Send Key.

As of Dec. 10:
OMJs 6.5 ROM w/HTC Sense - and loving it.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-27-2009, 12:47 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Drybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: Link Rhodium 'All People' to a softkey/hardkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggy View Post
Is this remotely possible, I find that HTC finally got it right with the All People part of the People Tab.

I really have no use for the tab itself but just go their to use the all people which has the contact/favs/call history simular to iContact so what I would like to do is use GreenButton to hook All People to the Green Send Key.
I would also like to do this, and I'm sure it's possible, just haven't found a tutorial for it yet.
Old 03-27-2009, 01:40 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

Moved to the general Diamond Forum.

late,
Coz
Old 03-27-2009, 03:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond - MightyROM 4.x - Radio Sprint V1.11.00.F

infection0 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularinfection0 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularinfection0 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularinfection0 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Wait, what? I just disable the whole tab and map my left softkey to iContact. Not sure if that's what you're talking about though... don't think so.
Old 03-27-2009, 04:43 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

unfortunatley its not that easy. when u put one of the softkeys to contacts, it takes you to the stock winmo contacts not the touch flo tab. would be a great fix though if someone could figure it out
Old 03-27-2009, 07:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by infection0 View Post
Wait, what? I just disable the whole tab and map my left softkey to iContact. Not sure if that's what you're talking about though... don't think so.
Yes, thats the idea, I currently have iContact as well but the new Rhodium Manila's contact tab "All People" does the same thing so iContact (love the app) but it is redundant.
Old 03-27-2009, 07:38 PM
No Mo' WinMo :(
Pocket PC: Nexus 7 / Galaxy Note 3 / Droid Ultra
Carrier: Verizon

MrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggy View Post

Are you trying to remap a soft key to bring up the program or a button? If a button, I use AE Button Plus to remap buttons. I have side volume keys as one press would be up or down arrow, double press would be page up or down, triple press would be volume up or down. Long press simulates red button and Close current application. I am sure you can remap your send key to the application like mines is triple press brings up task manager or long press of up Dpad key to launch camera.
Old 03-27-2009, 10:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHawaii View Post
Are you trying to remap a soft key to bring up the program or a button? If a button, I use AE Button Plus to remap buttons. I have side volume keys as one press would be up or down arrow, double press would be page up or down, triple press would be volume up or down. Long press simulates red button and Close current application. I am sure you can remap your send key to the application like mines is triple press brings up task manager or long press of up Dpad key to launch camera.
Exactly what I am trying to do MrHawaii, for now I would prefer a softkey but I could also use Supbro's GreenButton for the Green Send Key but my main problem is what is the name of the file/program to call up the 'All People' tab.
Old 03-27-2009, 10:26 PM
Lurker

showaco is keeping up the good workshowaco is keeping up the good work

You can add its tab to the world clock view, that way you can access it by pressing the clock, then selecting its tab. Add it to the 26948339_manila xml file. In this section for world clock page(its about 1/3 down from top), I've edited mine to remove the world clock setting(always changes my timezone), kept alarm tab, then added call history, all people, sounds profile. I made my own icons for sounds page, so don't copy those icon names unless you make some or it won't work.
Code:
      <PageGroup Name="WorldClock">
     <Page Order="0" Name="peopleAll.page" PackageName="HTC" Title="Contacts" Default="true"  >
           <ComponentReference Name="page" Mode9Path="HTC\peopleAll.mode9?type=all" Component="PeopleRoot" SmartComponent="true" />
       <ComponentReference Name="icon_normal"   Mode9Path="HTC\PeopleIcon.mode9" Component="AllPeople_Off" />
       <ComponentReference Name="icon_selected" Mode9Path="HTC\PeopleIcon.mode9" Component="AllPeople_On" />
       <ComponentReference Name="icon_preview"  Mode9Path="HTC\PeopleIcon.mode9" Component="AllPeople_Preview" />
        </Page>
    <Page Order="1" Name="peopleCallHistory.page" PackageName="HTC" Title="Call History">
      <ComponentReference Name="page"        Mode9Path="HTC\peopleCallHistory.mode9" Component="CallHistoryRoot" SmartComponent="true" />
      <ComponentReference Name="icon_normal"   Mode9Path="HTC\PeopleIcon.mode9" Component="PeopleCallHistory_Off" />
      <ComponentReference Name="icon_selected" Mode9Path="HTC\PeopleIcon.mode9" Component="PeopleCallHistory_On" />
      <ComponentReference Name="icon_preview"  Mode9Path="HTC\PeopleIcon.mode9" Component="PeopleCallHistory_Preview" />              
    </Page>
        <!-- Page Order="0" Name="clockview.page" PackageName="HTC" Title="[[IDS_WorldClock_Title]]" Default="true">
          <ComponentReference Name="page"                Mode9Path="HTC\WorldClock.mode9" Component="ClockView" SmartComponent="true" />
          <ComponentReference Name="icon_normal"   Mode9Path="HTC\icons.mode9" Component="WorldClock_Off" />
          <ComponentReference Name="icon_selected" Mode9Path="HTC\icons.mode9" Component="WorldClock_On" />
          <ComponentReference Name="icon_preview"  Mode9Path="HTC\icons.mode9" Component="WorldClock_Preview" />
        </Page -->
        <Page Order="2" Name="alarmview.page" PackageName="HTC" Title="Alarm">
          <ComponentReference Name="page"                Mode9Path="HTC\WorldClock.mode9" Component="AlarmView" SmartComponent="true" />
          <ComponentReference Name="icon_normal"   Mode9Path="HTC\icons.mode9" Component="Alarm_Off" />
          <ComponentReference Name="icon_selected" Mode9Path="HTC\icons.mode9" Component="Alarm_On" />
          <ComponentReference Name="icon_preview"  Mode9Path="HTC\icons.mode9" Component="Alarm_Preview" />
        </Page>
        <Page Order="3" Name="sounds.page" PackageName="HTC" Title="Profile">
      <ComponentReference Name="page" Mode9Path="HTC\settings.mode9" Component="SoundsPageComponent" SmartComponent="true" />
          <ComponentReference Name="icon_normal"   Mode9Path="HTC\icons.mode9" Component="Sounds_Off" />
          <ComponentReference Name="icon_selected" Mode9Path="HTC\icons.mode9" Component="Sounds_On" />
          <ComponentReference Name="icon_preview"  Mode9Path="HTC\icons.mode9" Component="Sounds_Preview" />
        </Page>
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-28-2009, 12:25 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Drybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by showaco View Post
You can add its tab to the world clock view, that way you can access it by pressing the clock, then selecting its tab. Add it to the 26948339_manila xml file. In this section for world clock page(its about 1/3 down from top), I've edited mine to remove the world clock setting(always changes my timezone), kept alarm tab, then added call history, all people, sounds profile. I made my own icons for sounds page, so don't copy those icon names unless you make some or it won't work.
Hmm... cool. Thanks for the info. So could you change it to start in the favorites tab when you click on "history" using the same method?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond