PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2009, 02:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond !!!
Carrier: Orange

lesept is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Bluetooth sync for HTC Diamond

Hello, I'm new in this forum so excuse me if this is not the proper place for this kind of question.

I have a Toshiba Portege laptop and I'd like to sync my HTC Diamond via Bluetooth, but I don't understand the explanations on the manual of the phone. Can anyone explain how to do it simply ? Thanks for your help...
Old 03-27-2009, 03:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Mattemer is keeping up the good workMattemer is keeping up the good work
Re: Bluetooth sync for HTC Diamond

You should be able to easily go into your Bluetooth settings on the Computer, set it to "visible" and then search for it using your phone. my diamond has been pretty good finding bluetooth signals. Once it finds it, connect. It will probably ask for a passcode, and most times the passcode is 0000, but i saw 1234 once.

If you can't find the bluetooth settings, you should be able to go into Control Panel, and it should have something there.

Old 03-27-2009, 03:48 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

lesept is a n00b

Thanks Mattemer, but I don't think it's that easy. I know that both computers have established a Bluetooth link as I was able to send file from the laptop to the HTC. But my problem is that I can't get the sync to work via Bluetooth. The problem is somewhere in the sync thing, I must be missing sth...
Old 03-27-2009, 04:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Mattemer is keeping up the good workMattemer is keeping up the good work

Hmm, i'll play with it later. I'm not one to read manuals, they just confuse me more lol. If i can get to my computer this weekend i'll give it a shot for you and let you know what i find (away for most of the weekend).
Old 03-27-2009, 07:05 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

lesept is a n00b

Thanks, actually it's my work computer so I don't need the info before next week.
Have fun !
Old 03-27-2009, 08:35 PM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

This is how I do it.. If your computer and your phone are already paired (you can tell by going to start/settings/connections/bluetooth on your phone.. in that screen will be the list of items paired. If you don't see your computer you can then choose add new device (just like going to set up a headset). As previously advised set your laptop to visible. Control Panel/bluetooth devices... someplace on there depending on your OS will be an aread to add device and another area for your settings (where you can set it to allow connections if not already set).

OK once you're sure you can connect the two devices you're ready for active sync.. Here's the trick (and you might already be to this point without going through the above steps): On your PHONE go to programs/active sync... in the right soft key go to Menu/Connect Via Bluetooth The system will begin looking for your PC.... all should connect. *be sure you have active sync or windows mobile device center installed on your PC and set to connect via bluetooth. Once connected then you can click the "sync" left soft key on the active sync screen of your phone.

anyway, the kicker is to connect from the phone rather than the pc as when you have usb connections.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-28-2009, 04:44 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

lesept is a n00b

Thanks, I'll try this asap.
Old 03-28-2009, 09:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

boomhower is becoming a great contributor

Here's how I do it with Vista and Windows 7:

First go to the setting tab on TF3D and go to communications. Then turn on your bluetooth. Next click the right softkey and enable the "make this device visible to other devices" Click OK.

Now, if you haven't already, turn on bluetooth on your PC. Now click the Vista Orb and type in bluetooth in the search field. Click your phone when it shows up. Now on your phone you should get a pop-up telling you that a device is attempting to connect. Click accept and it will take you to a page to input the pass key. Follow the prompt on your desktop and put in the pass key it gives you. *since you made your phone discoverable you do not need to go to the add a device on it*

Now open up device center on your PC and go to connection settings. Make sure "connect via bluetooth" is enabled.

Now open active sync on your phone and click the right soft key. Click connect "via bluetooth" and it will sync.

I have found it goes smoother is you first set up a partnership wth USB first. But you do not have to, just for verification purposed I did a hard reset on my phone and went through the whole process just to make sure my memory was fresh. It syncs fine without touching USB.

As a last step go back into your bluetooth setting and uncheck the "make my device visible to other devices" just for piece of mind. The chances of anyone hacking your phone over bluetooth are pretty slim but better safe than sorry.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by boomhower; 03-28-2009 at 09:48 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-15-2009, 07:44 AM
The Playboy Boy
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

Curb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuff

thanks for all the tips. I just wanted to be able to send files to my phone from my computer without having to hookup via USB. The bluetooth file transfer wizard on my computer works great. Anyway to browse my desktop from my phone and select the file I want from my computer to be sent to my phone?

Last edited by Curb71; 04-15-2009 at 08:08 AM.
Old 04-15-2009, 09:12 PM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Not sure but maybe try file sharing your PC and then looking in your networks to see if it will show hte bt connection. If so you should be able to do as you want. Alternately you can connect via wifi and access network pcs and file sharing.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond