PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Link Rhodium 'All People' to a softkey/hardkey (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=62574)

iggy 03-27-2009 12:42 AM

Link Rhodium 'All People' to a softkey/hardkey

Is this remotely possible, I find that HTC finally got it right with the All People part of the People Tab.

I really have no use for the tab itself but just go their to use the all people which has the contact/favs/call history simular to iContact so what I would like to do is use GreenButton to hook All People to the Green Send Key.

Drybonz 03-27-2009 12:47 AM

Re: Link Rhodium 'All People' to a softkey/hardkey

Quote:

Originally Posted by iggy (Post 802897)
Is this remotely possible, I find that HTC finally got it right with the All People part of the People Tab.

I really have no use for the tab itself but just go their to use the all people which has the contact/favs/call history simular to iContact so what I would like to do is use GreenButton to hook All People to the Green Send Key.

I would also like to do this, and I'm sure it's possible, just haven't found a tutorial for it yet.

CozBoogie 03-27-2009 01:40 PM

Moved to the general Diamond Forum.

late,
Coz

infection0 03-27-2009 03:18 PM

Wait, what? I just disable the whole tab and map my left softkey to iContact. Not sure if that's what you're talking about though... don't think so.

redd214 03-27-2009 04:43 PM

unfortunatley its not that easy. when u put one of the softkeys to contacts, it takes you to the stock winmo contacts not the touch flo tab. would be a great fix though if someone could figure it out

iggy 03-27-2009 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by infection0 (Post 804135)
Wait, what? I just disable the whole tab and map my left softkey to iContact. Not sure if that's what you're talking about though... don't think so.

Yes, thats the idea, I currently have iContact as well but the new Rhodium Manila's contact tab "All People" does the same thing so iContact (love the app) but it is redundant.

MrHawaii 03-27-2009 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iggy (Post 802897)

Are you trying to remap a soft key to bring up the program or a button? If a button, I use AE Button Plus to remap buttons. I have side volume keys as one press would be up or down arrow, double press would be page up or down, triple press would be volume up or down. Long press simulates red button and Close current application. I am sure you can remap your send key to the application like mines is triple press brings up task manager or long press of up Dpad key to launch camera.

iggy 03-27-2009 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrHawaii (Post 804742)
Are you trying to remap a soft key to bring up the program or a button? If a button, I use AE Button Plus to remap buttons. I have side volume keys as one press would be up or down arrow, double press would be page up or down, triple press would be volume up or down. Long press simulates red button and Close current application. I am sure you can remap your send key to the application like mines is triple press brings up task manager or long press of up Dpad key to launch camera.

Exactly what I am trying to do MrHawaii, for now I would prefer a softkey but I could also use Supbro's GreenButton for the Green Send Key but my main problem is what is the name of the file/program to call up the 'All People' tab.

showaco 03-27-2009 10:26 PM

You can add its tab to the world clock view, that way you can access it by pressing the clock, then selecting its tab. Add it to the 26948339_manila xml file. In this section for world clock page(its about 1/3 down from top), I've edited mine to remove the world clock setting(always changes my timezone), kept alarm tab, then added call history, all people, sounds profile. I made my own icons for sounds page, so don't copy those icon names unless you make some or it won't work.
Code:

<PageGroup Name="WorldClock">
    <Page Order="0" Name="peopleAll.page" PackageName="HTC" Title="Contacts" Default="true"  >
          <ComponentReference Name="page" Mode9Path="HTC\peopleAll.mode9?type=all" Component="PeopleRoot" SmartComponent="true" />
      <ComponentReference Name="icon_normal"  Mode9Path="HTC\PeopleIcon.mode9" Component="AllPeople_Off" />
      <ComponentReference Name="icon_selected" Mode9Path="HTC\PeopleIcon.mode9" Component="AllPeople_On" />
      <ComponentReference Name="icon_preview"  Mode9Path="HTC\PeopleIcon.mode9" Component="AllPeople_Preview" />
        </Page>
    <Page Order="1" Name="peopleCallHistory.page" PackageName="HTC" Title="Call History">
      <ComponentReference Name="page"        Mode9Path="HTC\peopleCallHistory.mode9" Component="CallHistoryRoot" SmartComponent="true" />
      <ComponentReference Name="icon_normal"  Mode9Path="HTC\PeopleIcon.mode9" Component="PeopleCallHistory_Off" />
      <ComponentReference Name="icon_selected" Mode9Path="HTC\PeopleIcon.mode9" Component="PeopleCallHistory_On" />
      <ComponentReference Name="icon_preview"  Mode9Path="HTC\PeopleIcon.mode9" Component="PeopleCallHistory_Preview" />             
    </Page>
        <!-- Page Order="0" Name="clockview.page" PackageName="HTC" Title="[[IDS_WorldClock_Title]]" Default="true">
          <ComponentReference Name="page"                Mode9Path="HTC\WorldClock.mode9" Component="ClockView" SmartComponent="true" />
          <ComponentReference Name="icon_normal"  Mode9Path="HTC\icons.mode9" Component="WorldClock_Off" />
          <ComponentReference Name="icon_selected" Mode9Path="HTC\icons.mode9" Component="WorldClock_On" />
          <ComponentReference Name="icon_preview"  Mode9Path="HTC\icons.mode9" Component="WorldClock_Preview" />
        </Page -->
        <Page Order="2" Name="alarmview.page" PackageName="HTC" Title="Alarm">
          <ComponentReference Name="page"                Mode9Path="HTC\WorldClock.mode9" Component="AlarmView" SmartComponent="true" />
          <ComponentReference Name="icon_normal"  Mode9Path="HTC\icons.mode9" Component="Alarm_Off" />
          <ComponentReference Name="icon_selected" Mode9Path="HTC\icons.mode9" Component="Alarm_On" />
          <ComponentReference Name="icon_preview"  Mode9Path="HTC\icons.mode9" Component="Alarm_Preview" />
        </Page>
        <Page Order="3" Name="sounds.page" PackageName="HTC" Title="Profile">
      <ComponentReference Name="page" Mode9Path="HTC\settings.mode9" Component="SoundsPageComponent" SmartComponent="true" />
          <ComponentReference Name="icon_normal"  Mode9Path="HTC\icons.mode9" Component="Sounds_Off" />
          <ComponentReference Name="icon_selected" Mode9Path="HTC\icons.mode9" Component="Sounds_On" />
          <ComponentReference Name="icon_preview"  Mode9Path="HTC\icons.mode9" Component="Sounds_Preview" />
        </Page>

Drybonz 03-28-2009 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by showaco (Post 805042)
You can add its tab to the world clock view, that way you can access it by pressing the clock, then selecting its tab. Add it to the 26948339_manila xml file. In this section for world clock page(its about 1/3 down from top), I've edited mine to remove the world clock setting(always changes my timezone), kept alarm tab, then added call history, all people, sounds profile. I made my own icons for sounds page, so don't copy those icon names unless you make some or it won't work.

Hmm... cool. Thanks for the info. So could you change it to start in the favorites tab when you click on "history" using the same method?