PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Grid on People tab (like on the Touch) (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=62494)

hm_crespo 03-26-2009 11:55 AM

Grid on People tab (like on the Touch)

Has anybody come across a cab that would change the People Rolodex style to a grid style like on the old Touch or like the program tab? I found it much easier that way. Its a feature I miss a lot.

GoodGets 03-28-2009 05:11 PM

Re: Grid on People tab (like on the Touch)

I'm bumping this cause I'm interested in this, too.

I agree, I found the cube-style people tab much easier, 1 tap to call. Or maybe someone else knows of another such app?

ShatteredAxe 03-28-2009 10:15 PM

I find its easiest to use the list on the side other then scroll through the faces one by one. Simply tap on the one you want, or if its not there just drag your finger down, also lists the full name which is convenient.

MrChainsaw 03-28-2009 10:40 PM

mobile shell, winterface and iFonz all let you do that, but those are all whole UI replacements and i'm guessing you're not looking to do that.

hm_crespo 07-03-2009 11:38 PM

So nothing yet huh? I found it so much easier that way, see everyone at the same time and pick the one you want, like on the program tab.
Its a lot easier to do, specially when driving.

GoodGets 07-04-2009 03:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hm_crespo (Post 1013494)
So nothing yet huh? I found it so much easier that way, see everyone at the same time and pick the one you want, like on the program tab.
Its a lot easier to do, specially when driving.

This:

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrChainsaw (Post 807011)
mobile shell, winterface and iFonz all let you do that, but those are all whole UI replacements and i'm guessing you're not looking to do that.

I'm currently using spb ms 3. Once you click on a contact's name, you get all their numbers, so it's one extra step to actual dial them since you have to tap on the number you want. However, I sorta like it like that since I'm able to call cell/work numbers easily as well as send a message.

codybear 07-04-2009 03:13 AM

wait for tf3d2.5 to be ported. :D

hm_crespo 07-04-2009 07:39 AM

cool, thanks
is TF3D 2.5 going to have the grid on contacts?

O'Neil Mitchell 07-04-2009 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by codybear (Post 1013735)
wait for tf3d2.5 to be ported. :D

It will be awhile yet before TF3d 2.5 is port and all the bugs are worked out. Best bet for now is SPB Mobile Shell 3

hm_crespo 07-04-2009 08:30 AM

Im kinda new at this, is that just a .cab that replaces the "rolodex" with the grid?