PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2009, 07:04 PM
you know ...
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

meatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to meatgel
Re: Bootloader and hard reset without the stylus!

this should be a sticky ....

Sprint Evo 3D! ...

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-27-2009, 07:51 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

man this works great, will save me a lot of time. thanx for this
Old 03-30-2009, 06:34 PM
you know ...
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

meatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to meatgel

SYMPTOMS that may mean you need to force bootloader:

If you are stuck on the screen with red letters; a soft reset turns to a hard reset; you're in a re-boot cycle; anytime you pull the battery from a freeze and the phone doesn't boot correctly ...

there may be more I missed.

After you put your phone in bootloader it may be best to flash to a stock or shipped ROM before flashing to your choice of custom ROMs.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-30-2009, 06:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

kodey01 is just getting started

I'm sorry, i used this method everytime i flash from internal storage, but what is "bootloader". I obviously use the triggered bootloader. So what does the bootloader do?
Old 03-30-2009, 06:47 PM
Yo, VIP - Let's Kick It!!
Pocket PC: EVO - Rooted & OMJ's Rom
Threadstarter

FastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatgel View Post
SYMPTOMS that may mean you need to force bootloader:

If you are stuck on the screen with red letters; a soft reset turns to a hard reset; you're in a re-boot cycle; anytime you pull the battery from a freeze and the phone doesn't boot correctly ...

there may be more I missed.

After you put your phone in bootloader it may be best to flash to a stock or shipped ROM before flashing to your choice of custom ROMs.
Thanks. Added to the first post.
Old 03-30-2009, 06:52 PM
Yo, VIP - Let's Kick It!!
Pocket PC: EVO - Rooted & OMJ's Rom
Threadstarter

FastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodey01 View Post
I'm sorry, i used this method everytime i flash from internal storage, but what is "bootloader". I obviously use the triggered bootloader. So what does the bootloader do?
While triggered bootloader allows you to load a rom from the internal storage, regular bootloader allows you to connect to the pc and load a rom from there.

I usually put my phone into regular bootloader, and connect it to the pc.
Then I use the ruu folder and the "Custom_RUU.exe" file to flash the phone.
I have the stock Sprint rom on my internal storage as DIAMIMG.NBH, incase I ever have an issue when flashing a custom rom.
I only use the Trigger bootloader when I want to flash to stock.
Old 04-19-2009, 02:38 PM
Lurker

d-angel2001 is a n00b
Unhappy Re: Bootloader and hard reset without the stylus!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcrap View Post
There is even an easier way. Just copy the file Enterbootloader.exe (from any Rom update package directory) to your Internal Storage and run it. If hardreset is needed then run the clearstorage app in setting.
Hello,
I tried the "Enterbootloader.exe" trick on my o2 XDA Touch pro (HTC Touch pro), but instead of entering the bootloader the WM6 Screen begins to display strange vertical stripes and then faded off. After that the device was completly dead. I tried removing the Battery and after that doing a Hardreset using several key-combination. Even after removing the battery for about 12 hours the phone is still dead. If I say dead...sadly I mean it! There's no reaction after trying to power it on - not by battery nor by USB-Power or PC connected.

Before that the phone worked like a charm. Does anyone have an idea how to make the phone work again? Might there be some corruption in the ROM-Software/Bootloader to make it not even go into the triple-color bootloader-screen? There's not even any light flashing up! Is there any trick like inserting a microSD with nbh-image (as mentioned above for internal storage f.e.) to reveal it?

I would be glad for any hints or help!

Best regards
Gabriel
Old 04-29-2009, 01:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO

twistedfish is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to twistedfish

Thanks!!! Saved my bacon!! LOL
Old 07-16-2009, 06:50 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc tynt2

megapluis is a n00b

hello

same problem here but whit a htc touch pro is it really dead ???

i'm sure there must be a wiskid thts knows the anwser to this

thnxx from megapluis
Old 07-16-2009, 07:16 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTV EVO
Carrier: VZW

caleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcaleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcaleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to caleb02 Send a message via MSN to caleb02 Send a message via Yahoo to caleb02
Re: HOW TO: Bootloader and hard reset without the stylus!

works on diamond been using those methods for months...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond