PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2009, 08:47 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

aindfan is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Phone locking up, hard resetting on reboot

Hello everyone,

I've been lurking around here in awe of the ROMs that are being built and even trying out some of them, and it's too bad that I haven't contributed much, but I hope this great community can help out with this very strange issue.

Yesterday, I flashed GrooveROM4 with winmo 6.5 and was having some trouble with it (it would lock up every so often and when I pulled the battery to reset it would hard reset itself). After wrestling with the phone a bit, I managed to flash it to MightyROM 4.7 by uploading the DIAMIMG.nbh file to MegaUpload and downloading it through the phone's IE, because my USB connection isn't working: when I plug it into my computer, it charges, but when I plug it into the wall, it pops up the screen asking if I want ActiveSync, USB, or Internet Sharing. When I was on GrooveROM I blamed the failures on the fact that 6.5 is still in beta, but MightROM is generally quite stable. Does anyone have any idea how I can get this thing to work? At least to get it locked for a trip to the Sprint store? (USB connection isn't working, even in the bootloader, so I think I'd have to upload each ROM I need to somewhere and download it to my phone, then flash from there, this probably goes for the Security Relocker).

Thanks in advance for all of the help!
Old 03-26-2009, 11:12 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Phone locking up, hard resetting on reboot

Insurance will take a phone flashed with a custom ROM. I've done it with Asurion on Alltel in the past.
Old 03-26-2009, 01:37 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Diamond

TerekKincaid is just getting started

Happens all the time to me for some reason with the latest ROMs. Flash the stock Sprint ROM (you can find it on the sticky thread), then flash Groove. You'll be good to go. When you change ROMs in the future, flash stock first, then the new one. Nothing is wrong with your hardware.
Old 03-26-2009, 01:40 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerekKincaid View Post
Happens all the time to me for some reason with the latest ROMs. Flash the stock Sprint ROM (you can find it on the sticky thread), then flash Groove. You'll be good to go. When you change ROMs in the future, flash stock first, then the new one. Nothing is wrong with your hardware.
You sure? Eh it couldn't hurt I guess except the problem is he can't really get everything back stock.
Old 03-26-2009, 02:32 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Diamond

TerekKincaid is just getting started

Hmm, I read a little closer this time and saw something I didn't notice the first time about the USB cable. He should still go back to stock (doesn't seem to matter how stable the ROM is; once you start having problems you need to go back to stock for some reason). He might also need a try a new USB cable as well. There's no reason it should work from the bootloader. aindfan, what happens when you start the phone in the normal bootloader (not the triggered bootloader) when you have the USB cable plugged in? It stays stuck on serial? Have you tried a new cable and/or other USB port (or possibly another computer?). Regardless, you're going to need to get the stock ROM back on there before going back to Sprint, even if you have to download it over Wi-Fi or something.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond