PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2009, 01:34 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile
Threadstarter

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Opera Mini "Mini tutorial"

Quote:
Originally Posted by vader4633 View Post
anyone one know why when i type a number it enters it the next line down using the full qwerty keyboard. for example:

password1
i am typing now within mini, i can't replicate your problem. when i type password1, it works. sorry
Old 03-26-2009, 08:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Pam Pre'
Carrier: Sprint

vader4633 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
i am typing now within mini, i can't replicate your problem. when i type password1, it works. sorry

Sorry if I didn't explain it correctly, try to type password1222 and when I type it in using the full qwerty, it types it as

pasword1
Old 03-27-2009, 09:57 AM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by vader4633 View Post
Sorry if I didn't explain it correctly, try to type password1222 and when I type it in using the full qwerty, it types it as

pasword1
Hi Vader,

I used Opera mini to respond in this thread. I used 4 different methods to input password1222

1. used full querty, with t9 on, typed password1222 by typing password, then opening up 123 button, typed 1222, it did worked correctly.
2. used full querty, with t9, typed password then typed 1222 using the full querty keyboard by select/hold q and 1 appeared, w for 2, down the line, it worked correctly.
3. used full querty, abc mode, typed password 1222 by typing password, then opening up 123 button, typed 1222, worked correctly.
4. used full querty, abc mode, typed password then typed 1222 selected q for 1, etc, etc, it worked correctly.

I am not sure why this is occuring for you but I am not able to replicate. there are certain quirks like this that sometimes occur that some people report and others don't. You can try reinstalling everything to get it to go away. good luck.
Old 03-27-2009, 12:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2

bean373 is keeping up the good workbean373 is keeping up the good work

I was using RSTG's latest ROM and Opera Mini worked great. The only thing I didn't like is when I try to use the hard end/hang up button it would ask me to exit the program. There are times when I want to access other programs and still have Mini running in the background. No big deal here, found out that hitting the hard HOME button solved this issue.

Well, I just flashed to Mighty's latest 4.8 ROM and found an annoying bug. When using Mini there are numerous times that the soft MENU/BACK botton are overlapped by the soft PHONE/SMS button.
Old 03-27-2009, 01:03 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bean373 View Post
I was using RSTG's latest ROM and Opera Mini worked great. The only thing I didn't like is when I try to use the hard end/hang up button it would ask me to exit the program. There are times when I want to access other programs and still have Mini running in the background. No big deal here, found out that hitting the hard HOME button solved this issue.

Well, I just flashed to Mighty's latest 4.8 ROM and found an annoying bug. When using Mini there are numerous times that the soft MENU/BACK botton are overlapped by the soft PHONE/SMS button.
I have the same exact problem. plus I had to install this jbed over Mike's jbed for it to work. Not sure why this happens on his rom but it also happened to me on other roms. I kind of got used to it though because it still works just a pain in the butt at times. Make sure you give ucweb a try as well. I posted the cab on the other page. Mike recommends this browser as well, its very quick.
Old 03-27-2009, 01:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Mike's ROM seems to run fast and stable but it looks too stock for me plus many others have reported a couple of bugs in his 4.8 ROM. I'm reflashing to RSTG's ROM. I like all the extra features, plus it's stable and fast too. I consider his ROM to be what you would expect from a CUSTOMIZED ROM. One bug I did noticed is that on some applicatoons the directional hard buttons don't seem to respond which forces me to use the touch screen.

update: Problems with the D-Pad went away after flashing to Sprint Stock rom first then reflashing RSTG's rom. Found out that it's not good to flash from one custom rom to another custom rom.

Last edited by bean373; 03-27-2009 at 08:54 PM.
Old 03-27-2009, 02:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Pam Pre'

vader4633 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
Hi Vader,

I used Opera mini to respond in this thread. I used 4 different methods to input password1222

1. used full querty, with t9 on, typed password1222 by typing password, then opening up 123 button, typed 1222, it did worked correctly.
2. used full querty, with t9, typed password then typed 1222 using the full querty keyboard by select/hold q and 1 appeared, w for 2, down the line, it worked correctly.
3. used full querty, abc mode, typed password 1222 by typing password, then opening up 123 button, typed 1222, worked correctly.
4. used full querty, abc mode, typed password then typed 1222 selected q for 1, etc, etc, it worked correctly.

I am not sure why this is occuring for you but I am not able to replicate. there are certain quirks like this that sometimes occur that some people report and others don't. You can try reinstalling everything to get it to go away. good luck.
I loaded up the mighty rom and now it does not happen anymore. Was using the stock rom. At least it works now. Thanks for trying to replicate it.
Old 03-27-2009, 04:58 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Mr Ftw! :d
Old 03-27-2009, 08:53 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

dubroz is a n00b

awesome right up.

request to add to your tutuorial:

1. how to set opera mini to be default browser,

2. how to make a shortcut in programs folder to opera mini (skip java and launch steps)

Old 03-27-2009, 11:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubroz View Post
awesome right up.

request to add to your tutuorial:

1. how to set opera mini to be default browser,

2. how to make a shortcut in programs folder to opera mini (skip java and launch steps)

Yeah, if OP can show us how to create a short cut to open Mini without launching Jbed first it'll be awesome. It's not such a big deal, but saving a extra step would be great.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond