PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Why did my stylus scratch my Brand New Diamond...ugggg (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=62189)

Primenall 03-23-2009 09:44 PM

Why did my stylus scratch my Brand New Diamond...ugggg

So I've had many touch screens 670068006900's and a few of each of them, used all without protectors vigorously and I've never had this happen to any of them.

Nice clean screen too, but both stylus's feel kinda sharp but still, it shouldn't scratch, it's not like I was cranking on it. There are at least 10 from barely there to being very visible on like white screens. Happened the first couple of days I had it, since then I've been using a left over stylus from my 6900.

So here I have a 1 week old Diamond with a messed up screen, got this brand new from asurion, what am I going to do I've did replacements and returns a bunch of times but with sprint and sprint phones, this is my first asurion phone.

So since it is a brand new full kit will sprint treat it as theirs and give me the 30 days exchange from them and what would I even say? The screen also has a very faint dark spot from day one right at the very bottom middle, not even a place that ever gets touched......I know some's going to say I'm pressing everything too hard, but that's not the case at all, like I've said never had trouble like this ever.

I mean is this a legit reason for exchange, I really don't want to trade for a refurb through sprint with potential problems. So anyone return or exchange a phone from asurion??

Ahhhh my poor little phone :???:

Garwood71 03-23-2009 10:20 PM

Re: Why did my stylus scratch my Brand New Diamond...ugggg

Please tell me you put on the screen protector. Take some 300 grit sandpaper and blunt the tip down so it's not so sharp. Dont know about the recoup. Always call if there's somethin wrong w/replacement when you 1st get it.

Unknownforce 03-24-2009 12:46 AM

Always wear a condom man... (or a screen protector in this case) :twisted:

MrObvious 03-24-2009 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unknownforce (Post 794139)
Always wear a condom man... (or a screen protector in this case) :twisted:

I need to get one.

Drybonz 03-24-2009 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrObvious (Post 794152)
I need to get one.

There should have been one in the box with your Diamond... or did you mean condom?

MrObvious 03-24-2009 01:23 AM

I ment a good one.

opuscroakus 03-24-2009 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrObvious (Post 794272)
I ment a good one.

Actually, the one in the box is quite good. I've had mine on since Sept/Oct and it is still in excellent shape.

violent31601 03-24-2009 01:59 PM

I ruined the one that came with my diamond after a week, I put it in my pocket and a corner bent up and ruined it. IMHO the only good ones are the ones that you use liquid to apply

Primenall 03-24-2009 04:44 PM

Well I went to the store they thought my stylus' were extra sharp and they said that I should call CS and should be able to get an exchange and if not to bring it back in to the store and they would do it if they had to. I guess we'll see if they follow through.

Yeah I never use protectors, the screen is just so much better without one, the colors are way better and it just has a much sharper picture, my screen protector is the 7 bucks extra I pay each month.

I never get scratches though, I just put it in an empty pocket or at least dont put it in a pocket with keys or sharp things, that's why it pissed me off, I'm really careful and then it gets scratches from it's own stylus.
So it sounds like Sprint will take back an Asurion phone for exchange.

gullzway 03-24-2009 10:11 PM

With my last Touch, I decided to use it without a screen protector after many of the comments I read here. Bad Idea! After a few weeks there were scratches Galore, many from the stylus, especially where I scrolled up and down on the right side. I'll never go NAKED again, especially on my new Diamond! With the stock protector, I can't even tell it's on. I am thinking of getting another cleartouch antiglare, the fingerprints are kind of annoying!