PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Guys... Take care of your phone... (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=62087)

PintozozDIAM 03-23-2009 09:32 AM

Guys... Take care of your phone...

This morning after talking to my brother on the phone, I set it down on the table. I forgot I had it on vibrate, and when I got another call, it started moving slowly to the end due to the vibrations.

It fell, battery fell out when it hit the floor. Now the screen wont turn on at all. Gonna have to get a replacement. And I've gotten three phones with assurion the last 6 months (for valid reasons) and now I think theyre getting suspicious. ****...

shaun0207 03-23-2009 09:46 AM

Re: Guys... Take care of your phone...

Yeah. I thought there was a limit to how many phones you could get replaced in a years time?

Oxymoron238 03-23-2009 09:56 AM

oooo... sorry about that. I'll take your advice tho, because I don't wanna break my phone anytime soon or later. If Alltel gets that tP2, then I REALLY don't wanna break it, cause they might send me one...

I hope Ashurion will give you another phone without a hassle :)

meatgel 03-23-2009 09:58 AM

I'm so sorry for your loss. :( I sure do hope they replace it!

kyllc 03-23-2009 12:23 PM

any otter box type cases for our phone?

TerekKincaid 03-23-2009 01:00 PM

Just checking, but are you sure it's dead? I've had some strange stuff happen and I thought my phone was dead, but it did eventually come back on. Put in the battery, plug it in, and mash on the reset and/or power buttons (hold down and quick press). Don't do a hard reset (with Vol and action buttons), just those two. I have eventually brought my phone back to life. Worth trying in the short run, anyway.

MrObvious 03-23-2009 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TerekKincaid (Post 792318)
Just checking, but are you sure it's dead? I've had some strange stuff happen and I thought my phone was dead, but it did eventually come back on. Put in the battery, plug it in, and mash on the reset and/or power buttons (hold down and quick press). Don't do a hard reset (with Vol and action buttons), just those two. I have eventually brought my phone back to life. Worth trying in the short run, anyway.

It couldn't hurt.

mike171562 03-27-2009 04:53 PM

thats happened to me to, the screen just goes off and wont turn back on, I have to take the battery out put it back in and boot it back up. just happens every now and then

Young_breedent 03-27-2009 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PintozozDIAM (Post 791837)
This morning after talking to my brother on the phone, I set it down on the table. I forgot I had it on vibrate, and when I got another call, it started moving slowly to the end due to the vibrations.

It fell, battery fell out when it hit the floor. Now the screen wont turn on at all. Gonna have to get a replacement. And I've gotten three phones with assurion the last 6 months (for valid reasons) and now I think theyre getting suspicious. ****...

If you're with sprint you don't have to go through asurion for something like this. Sprint will cover any damage done to your phone, unless it's lost or stolen, or it has water damage. I had my 6800 replaced like 6 times in the store for numerous reasons. I only use asurion when i have to. Besides why would you pay the $50 deductible when you can get a free replacement the same day???

mwalt2 03-27-2009 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Young_breedent (Post 804414)
If you're with sprint you don't have to go through asurion for something like this. Sprint will cover any damage done to your phone, unless it's lost or stolen, or it has water damage. I had my 6800 replaced like 6 times in the store for numerous reasons. I only use asurion when i have to. Besides why would you pay the $50 deductible when you can get a free replacement the same day???

Plus you on get 3 replacements a year with Asurion if I remember correctly.