PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2009, 09:45 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTV EVO
Carrier: VZW

caleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcaleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcaleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to caleb02 Send a message via MSN to caleb02 Send a message via Yahoo to caleb02
Re: Sprint HTC Touch Diamond on Verizon Family Plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by abcxyz123 View Post
Hi guys,

Is it possible to put a sprint HTC Touch phone on a Verizon Family plan? I was able to put it on an individual plan, but I'm having trouble putting on a family plan.

I pretty much dial *228, then option #3, then the pin number, but it tells me that it can't and tries to direct me to an operator. Has anyone got'n this to work on a Verizon Family Plan?

thanks..
ye sit is. i have a sprint touch diamond on my parents vzw account. all i had to do was to update the prl with a modified vzw prl (as not to get the roaming triangle), then i changed the msl code to 000000 and then dialed *228 and did option 3 and followed the prompts. I am on a family shared plan as well. you can even use the standard sprint rom or you can use any sprint custom rom as well. When vzw had an outage out here in woodland park colorado i was the only vzw customer with service as i had a modified prl.... you can even change the banner to VZW or Verizon or anything else also with qpst which is the program i used to change the msl code.
Old 03-22-2009, 09:48 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

caleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcaleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcaleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to caleb02 Send a message via MSN to caleb02 Send a message via Yahoo to caleb02

Quote:
OMG, are you serious? I've been trying to activate my phone for 2 days now and it keeps telling me that it can't activate it at the moment and that they are transfering me to an operator. The funny thing is, i also have another HTC Touch diamond phone that I have working on an individual plan. I've been messing around with it and changing accounts and *228/option 3 works fine on that phone. But on the new HTC Touch diamond, I can't seem to get it to work. I know it used to work, but it doesn't work anymore.

Anyway, how do you manually program it? I can't even get into ##778#. It doesn't do anything for me. Is there another way?
did you change your msl code to 000000 which is needed for *228 option 3 to work. otherwise it wont program your phone and the csr rep wont do it for you.
Old 03-22-2009, 09:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Threadstarter

abcxyz123 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb02 View Post
did you change your msl code to 000000 which is needed for *228 option 3 to work. otherwise it wont program your phone and the csr rep wont do it for you.
Yes, I've changed my MLS code to 000000 already. Still didn't work.
Old 03-23-2009, 12:48 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Yes, I've changed my MLS code to 000000 already. Still didn't work.
did you verify that you actually changed the msl code to 000000 by trying to program the phone?
Old 03-23-2009, 11:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Threadstarter

abcxyz123 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb02 View Post
did you verify that you actually changed the msl code to 000000 by trying to program the phone?
Yes, I've tried to program it. Also, in order to get into EPST config mode, you need the MLS 000000 which I was able to do.

Doesn't matter anyway, just found out that Verizon locked out *228.
Old 03-23-2009, 01:18 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

From your account? Maybe you can find a rep that will help you out. I got an idea. Get on IRC and go to irc.freenode.net #ppcgeeks and talk to NexVision. He may be able to help you out.
Old 04-01-2009, 05:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: diamond
Carrier: sprint

hachiroku is just getting started

Quote:
Yes, I've tried to program it. Also, in order to get into EPST config mode, you need the MLS 000000 which I was able to do.

Doesn't matter anyway, just found out that Verizon locked out *228.
i am able to goto *228 then option 3 to program my new phone...

BUT...it says "cannot blah blah blah, transfering you to a representative"

not exactly sure what i am supposed to do. i hung up the phone right before it connected me.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond