PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2009, 10:48 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond (Alltel)

ohcop72 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Someone Help Already!!

I have a factory Alltel Diamond. I have customized as much as I can. I need to change my home screen font color from Dark Gray/Black to White. Please give me step by step instructions cause I am lost here, I read something about the manilla folders but I dont know what to do. I've tried the advanced TF3D configs, they just give me an error after loading.

Last edited by ohcop72; 03-20-2009 at 11:35 AM.
Old 03-20-2009, 12:42 PM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: Someone Help Already!!

Home screen font color is a mode9 edit. ACoolGuy is someone who has offered to edit those type of files, could be he can fix that. I think there is a whitefont cab on xda also... I'll check and post it here if I can find it.

Edit: Here is the discussion on XDA.. your particular file needs to be edited so it doesn't change the rest of your setup as that same file governs where things are laid out on the home page.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...hite+font+home

Last edited by eenieMINI; 03-20-2009 at 12:54 PM.
Old 03-20-2009, 01:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Pre 2, Evo
Carrier: Sprint

tersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stuff

actuall there is an easier way. all you have to do is find the correct manilla files and place them in your \windows folder. the files you need to replace are
47dd6acd_manila - font messaging tab - mode9
6c422ab4_manila - font people tab - mode9
5e003d37_manila - font email tab - mode9
77faa36d_manila - alarm font Home tab, font Settings Tab - Lua
190f7f60_manila - font photosandvideos tab - mode9
252e3f90_manila - font Music tab - mode9
320a766a_manila - font Internet tab - mode9
72ac571f_manila - font weather tab - mode9

what version of manila are you using? the stock alltel? have you made any changes to it, like add the hd people tab or hd weather tab? i have the files you need, but im on my cell right now and wont be able to upload them till i get home later this evening
Old 03-20-2009, 02:16 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond (Alltel)
Threadstarter

ohcop72 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by tersoth View Post
actuall there is an easier way. all you have to do is find the correct manilla files and place them in your \windows folder. the files you need to replace are
47dd6acd_manila - font messaging tab - mode9
6c422ab4_manila - font people tab - mode9
5e003d37_manila - font email tab - mode9
77faa36d_manila - alarm font Home tab, font Settings Tab - Lua
190f7f60_manila - font photosandvideos tab - mode9
252e3f90_manila - font Music tab - mode9
320a766a_manila - font Internet tab - mode9
72ac571f_manila - font weather tab - mode9

what version of manila are you using? the stock alltel? have you made any changes to it, like add the hd people tab or hd weather tab? i have the files you need, but im on my cell right now and wont be able to upload them till i get home later this evening
The only things Ive really changed was my font style (with a cab) and my clock to a clear clock. I just tried putting a different manilla page in the windows file and it told me access denied. I'm Lost, I just want white fonts this is damn frustrating.
Old 03-20-2009, 03:36 PM
Kitchen Builder
Pocket PC: HTC Touch + Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

tobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the community

Stop whining so much and search. You also can't modify manila while TFLO is on, so turn it off first.
Old 03-20-2009, 09:57 PM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

My first understanding was he wanted to change the home screen font not all the pages.
Second, my point was that the file that affects font color on homepage is also the one that places the clock and other settings so IF he has his phone set the way he wants but for the color of the font and he went to change out the home page to someone else's he'd not have the same look so changing his own files is safer......

But yes, if you want font color on all pages you could easily change out those others as their layout isn't tweaked as often.

And as Tobeychris says, you have to turn off/disable touchflo3d to be able to overwrite the files.. also need a program like total commander or Resco explorer rather than the standard file explorer... or cab it up.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond