PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2009, 03:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

kyllc is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
PIM Backup

Hey guys, I just got my diamond in the mail from Asurion after breaking my Touch....I backed up my contacts, tried to import them onto the diamond, and i'm getting an invalid file format error. Any ideas? i'd hate to have to rekey my contacts..
Old 03-19-2009, 05:48 PM
intx is the sexiest VIP
Pocket PC: Hero

intx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to intx Send a message via Yahoo to intx
Re: PIM Backup

Not sure if you can fix the problem, but if you end up having to re-enter them:

Dashwire.com is a pretty valid option, you can also enter them into Outlook and sync them with Activesync.

At least those ways you can use a keyboard.

Donate if you like my work!
Old 03-19-2009, 06:13 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I think we need to know how you backed them up?
Old 03-19-2009, 06:16 PM
intx is the sexiest VIP
Pocket PC: Hero

intx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to intx Send a message via Yahoo to intx

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
I think we need to know how you backed them up?
Thread Title: PIM Backup
Old 03-20-2009, 12:56 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

D'oh. Haha. Hmm.
Old 05-09-2009, 01:26 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

wsigo is a n00b

I'm not sure if this has been answered somewhere else.

I was in the exact same situation.

You need to use the actual program to backup, not the backup file.

The phone won't know the backup file's extension unless you use the program to do it.

Hopefully this will help others.
Old 09-06-2009, 04:02 PM
VIP Member

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I have used DotFred's PimBackup 2.8 in the past.
But I have only backed up and restored to the same device, not to a secondary device. I don't know if this example pertains to the op.
I don't know if you can restore to a secondary device?
I read that you can use a Zip opener from your pc to open up the file, or something to that effect. I am unclear when it comes to this though.
And a few registry tweaks
HTC DIAMOND DISASSEMBLY/ASSEMBLY/PARTS/REPAIR HELP HERE >

"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security"
-Ben Franklin
Old 09-06-2009, 04:36 PM
Officer Android
Pocket PC: HTC Hero, T-Mobile G1, Diamond, HTC Evo

bradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to bradart Send a message via MSN to bradart Send a message via Skype™ to bradart

if it comes down to it, you can open the backup file with a zip editor, open the text files, copy/paste them into google contacts and sync with google via activesync.

Sponsored by Kools.
Old 09-06-2009, 04:40 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EvoLTE,3D, Iphone 4s

2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to 2k4mach Send a message via MSN to 2k4mach Send a message via Yahoo to 2k4mach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker1 View Post
I have used DotFred's PimBackup 2.8 in the past.
But I have only backed up and restored to the same device, not to a secondary device. I don't know if this example pertains to the op.
I don't know if you can restore to a secondary device?
I read that you can use a Zip opener from your pc to open up the file, or something to that effect. I am unclear when it comes to this though.

you can restore to another device.

i used it to back up my txt msgs and call history off my diamond. and restored it on my TP2. worked perfectly.
Old 09-06-2009, 04:50 PM
VIP Member

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k4mach View Post
you can restore to another device.

i used it to back up my txt msgs and call history off my diamond. and restored it on my TP2. worked perfectly.
How?
So I know for the future.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond