PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2009, 05:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Telus

Incubated is keeping up the good workIncubated is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Telus MMS Setup

I wanted to post this for all Telus users, just in case you missed it. If you have the latest calkulin rom with mms, or have installed it separately, do not be dissapointed, as i was at first. MMS does work. Although you still need to check the incoming messages via snap, you can definetly send them.

Open messaging, the click on Picture MMS/SMS, then click menu then options. There you will have a list of providers. Add one, filling in the respective values.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KazW View Post
well, as the title implies, I have managed to get some of the mms features working on a telus titan phone

NOTE: as of yet I haven't been able to receive picture messages, but I can send them.

here's how I did it:
1. download then install the attached cab
2. under options -> advanced, then click the manual button and enter the following settings:
MMS Gateway: http://216.198.139.113
MMS URL: http://mmsfeplb01.int.eng.telusmobility.com:8088/mms
select which ever network profile you use for internet

and VOILA!!! half of the problem is solved... now if only someone could figure out how to receive them we'd be set, but I suspect that telus employs some means of the message being redireccted to their horrible online app to view the photos... which at present time, isn't displaying photos and they expire without me seeing them... good old telus, giving users the cutting edge while cutting out user support and features.

P.S. not too bad for my second post on these forums eh?
I found this post over at xda-developers. In case you need the MMS cab, visit the original thread.

Make sure you have picture messaging included in your plan.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 03-18-2009, 06:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Desire

apaquette0069 knows their stuffapaquette0069 knows their stuffapaquette0069 knows their stuffapaquette0069 knows their stuffapaquette0069 knows their stuffapaquette0069 knows their stuff
Re: Telus MMS Setup

installing now thank you vey much will tell you how it goes i have been trying to do this forever on telus

**edit.......i have followed everything in the OP an can not get this to work!!!!

Last edited by apaquette0069; 03-18-2009 at 06:43 PM.
Old 03-18-2009, 08:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Touch pro 2 Telus
Carrier: Telus Mobility

chapinrico is keeping up the good workchapinrico is keeping up the good work

i tried it with success!!! awesome...thanks a bunch!
Old 03-18-2009, 09:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Threadstarter

Incubated is keeping up the good workIncubated is keeping up the good work

make sure you set the telus service as default service. otherwise it will continue using the default one, which for me was sprint. copy paste EXACTLY as it says there. gateway 80. btw you wont be able to receive, as i said. but you should be able to send. i did. worked on all of my friends's phones ranging from w300i to iphone. you must have that mms cab installed. other than that. i would recomed to double checking your inputs. i just went through the browser on my phone, pust text selection on. copy pasted right off the site into the mms options. works, but i was already on calkulin 4.5.

ask around in upgrades section or over there on xda forums if you still can't get it to work.
Old 05-07-2009, 09:39 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Bell & Telus

3sgtetouch is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to 3sgtetouch Send a message via Yahoo to 3sgtetouch

I have the MMS working for sending, but I can't receive anything. So I started looking at the registry, and I'm wondering if changing some of these setting would allow me to be able to receive MMS.

Under
HKLM\Software\Arcsoft\Arcsoft MMS UA\Config\mm1\89120\
RecvDefault = 0x05f5e0ff(99999999)
SendDefault = 0x000dbba0(90000)
----------What would happen if I changed the Recv to match the send?

HKLM\Software\Arcsoft\Arcsoft MMS UA\Config\mm1\WspHeader\
Accept = X-MDN----------What does this do????(I have another entry that list x-MDN=mycellnumber)
hmac-md5-key = ************----------Is this supposted to my telus mobility snap password??????
x-wap-profile = http://device.sprintpcs.com/Palm/PTR850HK/Treo850e103.rdf----------Is this supposted to be the link for http://mytelusmobility/snap (my web client to view picture msgs)

Currently I don't get the notifications saying that I have an MMS, maybe someone can tell me what to do to fix that. Or if someone with a stock telus one wants to tell me what there registry settings are, that would be great
Old 05-07-2009, 09:54 PM
Kitchen Builder
Pocket PC: HTC Touch + Touch Diamond

tobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the community

"Although you still need to check the incoming messages via snap, you can definetly send them."
Old 07-21-2009, 12:51 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul

monsterru is a n00b

Have just tried this on the http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=496982 Ryan Mogul's rom just went and changed the MMS server settings to the one's posted above. Was able to confirm picture messaging to another Telus phone.

Koodos

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond