PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2009, 01:13 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTV EVO
Carrier: VZW

caleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcaleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcaleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to caleb02 Send a message via MSN to caleb02 Send a message via Yahoo to caleb02
Re: Data Still Not Working With Vzw!

Quote:
Originally Posted by abcxyz123 View Post
Ok, I've tried everything. I've installed the new Radio, I've installed Verizon DCD cab. I've had VZW tech reset my DMU. I've installed verizon PRL and I've even tried to reprogram the phone use *228. I've checked the network settings on the phone. But...I still can't get MMS to work.

Anyone got any suggestions?

i have a method that works 100% each time to get mms working on the diamond.... purchase a vzw diamond problem solved....

I to have a sprint diamond on vzw, and now the *228 thing has been closed. I would say it may never work....did you do this:

print Touch Pro on VZW Network TutorialD/\SH Offline
12-04-2008, 10:39 AM
Rating: [IMG]file:///C:/Users/Frogsn0t/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image001.gif[/IMG](1 votes - 5.00 average)
Yes, Vzw is finally releasing their touch pro this month. Yahoo and joy abound! But if you don't want a memory crippled phone dealing with vzw locking restrictions and etc (ie keyboard), please take a moment to read through this tutorial. And no, there isn't anything illegal to my knowledge in this tutorial.

Getting your sprint phone on a vzw network

What you will need

you will need
Step One
You can perform this step on your phone. Install Baffles MSL Grabber and write your MSL. My suggestion is to open up a text document and type it there because it will be necessary later on.

Step Two
Unlock your device using the Raphael team elite unlocker for sprint. I used the second link (I believe .37).

Step Three
Install the htc modem drivers on your computer (that's kind of important)

Step Four
Install QPST on your computer

Step Five
If you completed all the preliminary steps, you should be ready to fully begin. At this point, you can perform the steps on the vzw leaked rom or on your sprint touch pro rom. If you are performing this on the sprint touch pro rom, you will need DCD carriers cab. On the vzw rom, however, I have noted that MMS does work on the phone (and you know how much we love our mms). I think this is solely up to you whether or not you use either rom for operation. Remember though, if you are doing this on a sprint rom

DMR mode for sprint is
##3424#

Whereas DMR for vzw is
##3424 and press the send key (send key is below the home hardware button - you can also use the send key on the phone)

Also EPST for sprint is
##778#

whereas this for a vzw phone is

##778 and hit the send key

So how you will work is solely up to you

What you would need to do next is place your phone in DMR mode. Connect your phone to your computer via usb mode. If everything worked okay, the popup for drivers shouldn't come up at all. Start QPST config and select ports

Step Six
Now, in QPST, your phone should come up. If it doesn't, right click on my computer and select properties. Click hardware and then device manager. Click view and device by connection. Click on your USB controllers and don't stop until you see HTC. Notice the com port that the HTC device is on (mine on two different computers, running xp or vista was COM5, yours may be different). Take a note of this and return to QPST config. Now, click add COM port, and add the port you saw in the device manager. QPST will pick up the phone.

Step Seven
Now, click on services and go to services programming. Select your phone and begin. This will ask for your MSL. Type it in and continue. Click read from phone. You may have to retype that MSL code, if not good. but on some cases, it asked me for my MSL code twice (unfortunately) so I typed it in twice. The point of it all is this - to get the data from your phone to QPST

Step Eight - changing your MSL
Now that you are in QPST Service programming, you can change your MSL unlock code. Please change it to 000000. That is vzw's MSL code, and it is so easy to remember for later on. Once this is done, click write to phone. I caution, do not close out of QPST service programming until this is done! You will know when this is done if you can see that the buttons read from phone, write to phone, are not grayed out.

Step Nine (optional)
Okay so at this point, I installed the leaked vzw rom but it is not necessary to perform this step at all. Its just something I did to make things a lot easier on me. Individual results can vary though.

Step Ten
Now, its time to change our MIP settings. Go into EPST and select your MIP profile. On your phone you can edit the information to match the following:

MIP Profile
Number of profiles: 6
Active user profile index: 0
MIP_MODE: Mobile IP Prefered
MIP Reg Retries: 2
MIP Reg Retry: 1750 ms
MIP Pre-Reg Timeout: 0
Mobile Node-HA: Enable
Send A Reg: Disable
Dormant Handoff Opt: Enable

Step Eleven
Now in EPST, go to MIP default profile and edit the information on your phone to match these settings:

MIP Default Profile
Enable Profile: Enable
NAI:
mynumber@vzw3g.com (MDN@vzw3g.com)
DUN NAI: (if entry is there enter
MDN@vzw3g.com so you can tether without a tethering package or MDN@dun.vzw3g.com if you want paid tethering))
MN HA SPI Set: Enable
MN HA SPI Value: 12C
MN AAA SPI Set: Enable
MN AAA SPI Value: 0 (requires a "2" here for 6800 and 6900)
Reverse Tunneling: Enable
Home Address: 0.0.0.0
HA Shared Secret: (erase whatever entry is here leave blank)
AAA Shared Secret: (erase whatever entry is here leave blank)
Primary HA Address: 255.255.255.255
Secondary HA Address: 255.255.255.255
DMU Pub Key: 10
MN Authenticator: 0

It is very important to erase the HA and AAA shared keys. We will return back to them momentarily

Step Eleven
Complete changes from EPST and the device will soft reset. Now place your phone in diag mode. Connect your phone to your computer and enter QPST EFS explorer. Unzip the DMU keys and notice you will see the file on your hard drive. In EFS explorer, you will see the DMU folder. Right click on the folder and you will be able to insert a DMU key via the file explorer on your computer. Select the DMU key file and press okay. The information will be written to the phone.

Step Twelve
Drag your PRL file you downloaded from your computer to your cell phone memory. Dial ##PRL and hit send if you are on vzw rom, if not ##PRL# if you are still on the sprint rom. This will lead to a dialog box on your phone that will allow you to locate the PRL file you loaded onto your phone. Make sure the PRL is in a directory where you can access it when you browse for it on your phone.

Step Thirteen
Place your phone back in diag mode. Connect to QPST service programming and go to the MIP default profile (AAA shared secret and HA shared secret is where you need to go in Service programming). If there is anything in those two areas, delete it, click enter hex values and leave it blank. Write to phone.

Step Fourteen
If you are still on a sprint phone, install DCD vzw carrier cab. If not, please dial *228. The menu has changed, so you will have to hear EVERY option before selecting. You will enter option number 3. Go through the prompts on vzw's end and the phone will program and soft reset.

Step Fifteen
Once your phone has soft reset, you're almost done! You should have text messaging and voice, but data not yet. So to get data, you have some options. If you can't get data to authenticate, follow step thirteen. Then force the phone into 1x mode (I don't care how you do it - what I did was go to a mall basement) and connect to the internet in 1x mode. EvDO won't work, but 1x does work. What is going to happen is the HA and AAA shared keys will be written. If all goes well, you should have your sprint touch pro phone 99.9% working on vzw network.

Now, the roaming triangle will stay there, I'm still working on how to remove that. But it will work everyday. Enjoy your new phone =)

Special thanks to Nex, Baffles, drellisdee, and KilgoreBA for the help. I haven't started my hand at a vzw rom, but I will eventually...

Any questions?

all original tutorial above was found here:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=44663
D/\SH
Supporter/Designer
[IMG]file:///C:/Users/Frogsn0t/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image004.gif[/IMG]
Custom User Title: SPJ ***** :>
Phone Model: Touch Pro, Diamond
Mobile Windows Version: 6.1
Feedback Score:
4 reviews, 100%
Thanked 17,033 Times in 8,067 Posts
Old 07-12-2009, 07:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

abcxyz123 is a n00b

Ok, I've tried step 13 over again and I still can't get data working on my Sprint HTC Touch diamond on the Verizon Wireless Network. Has anyone gotten it to work?
Old 07-18-2009, 09:23 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTV EVO
Carrier: VZW

caleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcaleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcaleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to caleb02 Send a message via MSN to caleb02 Send a message via Yahoo to caleb02

Quote:
Originally Posted by abcxyz123 View Post
Ok, I've tried step 13 over again and I still can't get data working on my Sprint HTC Touch diamond on the Verizon Wireless Network. Has anyone gotten it to work?

that is the part alot of people including my self have.... i say just get the vzw diamond.... it wil cause alot less headaches then this.. or the omnia which is a lot better phone....
Old 08-27-2009, 11:49 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro, Mogul, Apache
Carrier: Sprint

wcars05 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to wcars05

I've got 1x Data working, but it was a lot of work just for that.... does anyone know the NVitems for the

HA Shared Secret (under M.IP Default Profile)
and the AAA Shared Secret (under the M.IP Default Profile)

These are the only two items I can't seem to find/copy off of my other phone, so far I've been able to use qxdm to read the hex values(off the old phone), and re-enter them on the other phone....

(this is for verizon)

I've been able to do copy the data settings much easier on sprint since they use the same key multiple times or I can actually read the key (go figure..!)

Here is what I know....

under EPST-> Security

HDR AN Auth Password = NVITEM 1192

PPP password = NVITEM 906

these require a lot of copy and paste between the two phones for coping the data settings, but its a sure fire way to get the data settings transferred to get 1x to work...

Just as a side note using qxdm and qpst, it seems that the

HA shared secret
and
AAA shared secret seem to be write only...
----------------------------------------------------

Now for stuff people will find useful:
http://www.mobile-files.com/forum/sh...ghlight=vision
this is a basic guide in post #1 to doing data setup

and

I think I've got another link thats more specific... to the whole thing for sprint, but the above should work well enough.... I seem to have miss placed it....

(my situation is trying to copy settings between 2 verizon phones to get evdo to work, with no luck since I can't copy the HA and AAA secret keys....)
Old 09-17-2009, 08:39 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6850 Windows Mobile 6.5 Energy Rom
Carrier: Verizon

phillip587 is a n00b

i am having simialr problems with my sprint touch pro on verizon. my data works but not all the time. everytime i open up internet explorer or start a data connection it tells me my username and password is wrong so i try to connect again and get the same crap. then the third time it finally connects but kicks me off after like 3 minutes. any suggestions would be great!! Thanks

edit: ok now my data doesnt work at all please help me!!!! i did a ##786# reset and reactivated my phone on the vzw network following the instructions in this guide attached below. please if anyone can help that would be great.
Attached Files
File Type: txt instructions[1].txt (7.9 KB, 48 views) Click for barcode!

Palm treo 700wx 10/2007-12/2007

Brand New XV6800 12/2007-March 2008

Sprint Htc Touch Pro on Verizon Wireless 05/2009-Present

Last edited by phillip587; 09-17-2009 at 10:47 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond