PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2009, 08:05 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

13ducati13 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint Nav not working, now they want me to hard reset...

Have had my phone for 8 days. Finally got it completely tweaked to how I want it, with cabs and regedits. Last night I was trying to use the GPS and it says I have to re-subscribe because their 7 day free subscription has ended. Called customer service, they said I just have to say yes to that and it will reload it on my phone (I have GPS in my plan)

Tried everything support had to say and GPS still won't work, it works through Windows Live so it's just their application not working. Now they want me to hard reset the phone.

Sprint says they have had this problem and usually it ends up as a ticket to be fixed but they won't even look at the ticket until the phone has been hard reset.

What would you all do?

****UPDATE**** went to my service Sprint store. The tech was able to text a certain number at sprint to receive a newer version of the Telnav software...now it's working perfectly. Only problem was that he installed it to internal memory instead of the device so now I have nav repeated on both the device and internal.

Last edited by 13ducati13; 02-09-2009 at 02:39 PM.
Old 02-09-2009, 05:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

sjrickli7 is becoming a great contributor
Re: Sprint Nav not working, now they want me to hard reset...

Why don't you do a hard reset or clear storage and start over. I have the working sprint nav cab if you need it. You just needa tweak everything over.
Old 02-09-2009, 05:47 PM
i don't miss blackberry
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint PCS

ou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuff

thats not why it exists twice, it exists twice because sprint nav is part of the ROM, and you can't install something over something in your rom. you can use file explorer, go to /windows/start menu/programs, and delete the link.

the stock telenav software is better than sprint's because sprint's is designed for qvga, and the telenav is vga, so the maps and text are much clearer. thats what i have installed.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-09-2009, 06:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

So theres another version that works with sprint diamond other than sprint-navigation-htc-diamond-2.1.7? so you can install the stock telenav instead of sprint's telenav?
Old 02-10-2009, 12:33 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

13ducati13 is a n00b

Yeah check out this link...I installed the latest version last night using these instruction...it's so much better...it's version 5.1.16, the one on my phone before was 2.1.13.

Step by step on how to do it.

http://www.sprintusers.com/forum/sho...hlight=gps+fix

----
0u2mame...thanks I removed the link like you suggested.

Last edited by 13ducati13; 02-10-2009 at 12:35 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-10-2009, 07:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13ducati13 View Post
Yeah check out this link...I installed the latest version last night using these instruction...it's so much better...it's version 5.1.16, the one on my phone before was 2.1.13.

Step by step on how to do it.

http://www.sprintusers.com/forum/sho...hlight=gps+fix

----
0u2mame...thanks I removed the link like you suggested.
You been thanked!
Old 03-14-2009, 12:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

marklyn is a n00b

What is the difference between the Sprint Navigation (2.17) and the Telenav version (5.x). Should I be using the Sprint Navigation or does the Telenav have more features, etc.?
Old 03-14-2009, 01:09 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

It's probably about the same. I would look into using Garmin or TOMTOM or iGo. Personally I put Garmin on my phone and it's very nice.
Old 03-14-2009, 02:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

pastafarian is keeping up the good workpastafarian is keeping up the good workpastafarian is keeping up the good work

The tech probably installed the same cab file found around here, but it's great that the op avoided a hard reset. Take this as a lesson learned, get a b/u program like Sprite or SPB and use it religiously so you can avoid future hard reset anxiety.

Installing the Telenav branded version might clean up the interface a little, but it probably has no effect on the performance of the app. With Telenav, the routing is done on their servers and sent to the phone along with the needed maps. All the app is is a front end for the data. The difference in version numbers probably means little, Telenav and Sprint are using entirely different version "paths" that have nothing to do with each other. It's likely that both apps are close to if not the same builds differing only in Sprints added graphics, which don't bother me at all. It' was fun to read the linked Sprintuser thread, KidnKorner in particular is so dead sure...and almost completely wrong. Before I used Telenav, I had no respect for it. I thought it was overpriced junk compared to TomTom, iGuidance, iGo, ect. Since using it after it was included in my plan, I found I was almost completely wrong too.
Old 03-14-2009, 02:26 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Konfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
It's probably about the same. I would look into using Garmin or TOMTOM or iGo. Personally I put Garmin on my phone and it's very nice.
Yeah I use TOMTOM and its great.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond