PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2009, 01:13 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

vboyz103 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvboyz103 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvboyz103 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Is my phone MAIN memory corrupted??

Hey everyone, I'm using Calcu Kitchen 4.5 and this just happend to me. If you can see in the first screenshot, the "Windows Media" icon is corrupted. Once I click on it I get what is in screenshot #2. If I do a SOFT-RESET, upon phone reboots, it became a HARD-RESET.

Any1 has any idea what caused this?

Last edited by vboyz103; 03-12-2009 at 01:21 PM.
Old 03-12-2009, 04:22 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Diamond

TerekKincaid is just getting started
Re: Is my phone MAIN memory corrupted??

Actually, this happened to me as well using Calcu's 4.5 kitchen. I had all kinds of freezing issues, installs that failed, etc. When I did a soft reset, it came up as a hard reset (had to do setup again, etc.) I chalked it up to a bad cook, but maybe it's something more.

I did change the pagepool to 24 MB. I also didn't notice issues until I ran Sashimi to set up my email (via XML provisioning). I'm not sure if it's an issue with Sashimi or the ROM since I installed and ran Sashimi within minutes of flashing; I didn't really run it for a long time before I installed Sashimi.

Since it was so buggy, I just reflashed with grooveROM. All of the issues went away, so you definitely don't have any permanent hardware damage. I was going to play around with it more tonight to see if I can track down what went wrong. Just flash something else in the meantime and you'll be back up and running.
Old 03-12-2009, 04:25 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

something you're cooking in is causing the issue... had this happen as well, but now all is fine... sashimi is working perfectly, try and make sure you're using the very latest release from calcu...

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 03-12-2009, 04:51 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Diamond

TerekKincaid is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by nautica2450 View Post
something you're cooking in is causing the issue... had this happen as well, but now all is fine... sashimi is working perfectly, try and make sure you're using the very latest release from calcu...
What did you change that fixed your problem?
Old 03-12-2009, 05:33 PM
Post Master General

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

i unchecked /removed some things from my kitchen that i didnt want or need in there... it was alot of trial and error but this was also about 2-3 builds ago....
Old 03-12-2009, 05:39 PM
Post Master General

oh how stupid of me... also a BIGGG tip is to flash back to the stock shipped rom and then reflash back... usually resolves 95% of glitches!
Old 03-12-2009, 06:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

gamer007 is keeping up the good workgamer007 is keeping up the good workgamer007 is keeping up the good work

I've had this issue too. It was so serious yesterday that it prevented me from using practically all my programs including the phone! So I recooked and it turned out fine so far now.

A pattern I noticed is that these problems almost always happened when I installed MS' Facebook app. I haven't installed it since my last flash, and so far it's been fine. Hopefully it'll stay that way.
Old 03-12-2009, 07:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc diamond
Carrier: vzw

creedin is keeping up the good workcreedin is keeping up the good workcreedin is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to creedin Send a message via MSN to creedin

it is probably cuz the rom is too big

flash back to stock, and make sure the new rom is smaller than 115 mb (is perfect for me)... otherwise it doesn't have enough room to install
Old 03-13-2009, 02:41 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Threadstarter

vboyz103 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvboyz103 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvboyz103 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

hey guys, i noticed one thing that when the issue happened, my STORAGE memory became to be only 90ish MB. It usually is around 110ish MB after a fresh flash. I installed the stock Sprint Rom as suggested, but still got only 90ish MB for STORAGE. But then I took out some of the OEM that I had before and I don't really use them to size down the ROM size and reflashed. Now my STORAGE memory is showing correct size now, 110ish MB upon a fresh flash.

I think maybe the ROM is too big, that cause the partition to screw up and that causes unexpected errors. I think!!!
Old 03-13-2009, 11:42 AM
Post Master General

bingo...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond