PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   unlocking diamond problem (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=60723)

kb79md 03-11-2009 02:45 PM

unlocking diamond problem

Hi. I was hoping someone could help. I have vista ultimate 64. I've been trying to unlock my new sprint htc diamond. So far no luck. I read and tried to follow the directions but...

wmdunn 03-11-2009 05:33 PM

Re: unlocking diamond problem

Quote:

Originally Posted by kb79md (Post 765568)
Hi. I was hoping someone could help. I have vista ultimate 64. I've been trying to unlock my new sprint htc diamond. So far no luck. I read and tried to follow the directions but...

It's easy to get a little lost if this is your first time. Are these the instructions that you followed? Where did you get hung up?

1. Open the box to your nice new HTC Touch Diamond.
If you've already used your diamond, you should do a Hard Reset before continuing (see below).
2. Download and install Activesync (XP) or MWMDC (Vista).
3. Ensure that you have .NET Framework 3.5 (Will be in add/remove software).
4. Connect your Diamond to your PC via the USBmini cable.
5. After a few seconds Activesync will pop up and start the Setup Wizard, IGNORE THIS.
6. Download Diamond Unlocker.rar
7. Open the Diamond Unlocker.rar and drag the Diamond Unlocker FOLDER to your desktop.
8. Run Diamond Unlocker.exe located in the folder.
9. Your phone may or may not ask you if you want to run "EnterBootloader.exe",if it does, click Yes.
10. You have to click Next a bunch of times on your PC in the Rom Update Utility.
11. Your phone will goto a tri-colour screen and should say SSPL0.43.CMONEX at the top. SSPL
12. The phone will restart again and is now Unlocked!
13. You can check that it is Unlocked by entering the Bootloader (Power+VolumeDown and hold down Reset)(Locked and Unlocked)
14. Please Donate to Cmonex.

kb79md 03-11-2009 10:20 PM

with vista 64 os i get hung up with diamond unlocker exe install. Im getting error message; AthenaWrapper has stopped working. (a problem caused the program to stop workng correctly).
tried to install with xp edition. got into unlocker install but getting error message 202 saying phone isn't connected???? i tried different usb ports, pc says its synced.

kb79md 03-11-2009 10:34 PM

update. i fix the problem. got the phone to unlock. had to open unlock with different prog.

wmdunn 03-11-2009 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kb79md (Post 766497)
update. i fix the problem. got the phone to unlock. had to open unlock with different prog.

Glad to hear you were able to get it done. Enjoy your new rom ...

daslax00 11-06-2009 04:22 AM

I am a new user of this great site. I have been searching for days on how to unlock my verizon touch pro. I keep getting the same message mentioned above, athenawrapper not working. I was wondering if you could perhaps point me in the right direction. I have tried the .35 and the .37 neither of which will work. Thanks

MrObvious 11-06-2009 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daslax00 (Post 1303674)
I am a new user of this great site. I have been searching for days on how to unlock my verizon touch pro. I keep getting the same message mentioned above, athenawrapper not working. I was wondering if you could perhaps point me in the right direction. I have tried the .35 and the .37 neither of which will work. Thanks

Go to the Touch Pro section.