PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Phone "freezes" (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=60638)

ecco 03-10-2009 06:55 PM

Phone "freezes"

My phone seems to freeze for some reason. Sometimes (maybe once a day) I can press the power button to wake it up and it won't wake up. I can press and hold it several times and nothing happens. I have to remove to battery to make it start up again. I usually keep it in my pocket. Any ideas?

Alltel has already replaced the phone and battery as I just got it. Now I'm wondering if it's just that some buttons are getting pressed in my pocket or something. ](*,)

lawmangrant 03-10-2009 08:21 PM

Re: Phone "freezes"

are you running a stock rom or have you flashed a custom?

matty032 03-10-2009 08:36 PM

I have the same issue. running stock.

ecco 03-10-2009 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lawmangrant (Post 763976)
are you running a stock rom or have you flashed a custom?

Stock.

lawmangrant 03-11-2009 02:36 AM

That's strange. Have you installed anything lately?

Have you tried the dreaded HARD RESET and see if that fixes it?

Sometimes installing 3rd party software can have ill effects on your PPC.

I hate recommending a hard reset, but sometimes, that's the easiet way to determine if it's the device, or software installed.

ecco 03-11-2009 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lawmangrant (Post 764639)
That's strange. Have you installed anything lately?

Have you tried the dreaded HARD RESET and see if that fixes it?

Sometimes installing 3rd party software can have ill effects on your PPC.

I hate recommending a hard reset, but sometimes, that's the easiet way to determine if it's the device, or software installed.

I would/could suspect that but yesterday I got a new diamond from alltel and it did it less than an hour later. I had not even had time to plug it up up to my computer or install anything. On Monday they gave me a new battery to try but it froze up again. On Tuesday when they gave me the new phone, they put that replacement battery in.

On both days, I put the phone in my pocket, left the store, drove home, take the phone out and it's dead.

CyberBlaster 03-11-2009 10:13 PM

It used to happen to me when I was on the stock rom, since I have been runnging a customer one, I've never had that issue again. That problem is very annoying when I used it as a alarm clock and it wouldn't wake me up in the morning lol

lawmangrant 03-12-2009 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberBlaster (Post 766444)
It used to happen to me when I was on the stock rom, since I have been runnging a customer one, I've never had that issue again. That problem is very annoying when I used it as a alarm clock and it wouldn't wake me up in the morning lol

I would suggest a custom rom.

Honestly folks, and you can ask my buddy jack, he's on here somewhere, I think I ran the stock rom a total of 2 hours before flashing to a new rom, and that was just the "charging time" to get it over 50%.

ecco 03-12-2009 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lawmangrant (Post 766839)
I would suggest a custom rom.

Honestly folks, and you can ask my buddy jack, he's on here somewhere, I think I ran the stock rom a total of 2 hours before flashing to a new rom, and that was just the "charging time" to get it over 50%.

Sounds good. I've got the itch, that's for sure. I had already started checking out conflipper's alltel rom I just wanted to be sure I didn't get a defective phone or something. This is my first smart phone and I'm loving it. :)

A side question, when carrying your phone in you pocket, do you lock the phone or just let it sleep?

wmdunn 03-12-2009 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecco (Post 767145)
Sounds good. I've got the itch, that's for sure. I had already started checking out conflipper's alltel rom I just wanted to be sure I didn't get a defective phone or something. This is my first smart phone and I'm loving it. :)

A side question, when carrying your phone in you pocket, do you lock the phone or just let it sleep?

I have carried my phone in my left front pocket for years. I don't lock it or do anything special. If it accidently turns on, I have it set to power off after 1 minute. I would agree with lawman ... choose a good custom rom ... you'll never look back. Good luck ...