PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2009, 12:41 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

GoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
[3/11/09] Touch InCall Screen Tweak v1.0.8 (auto turns screen on/off during call)

New version 1.0.8 released 3/11/09, see my post in the software forum.

Here's my description about it, as well as a link to my thread here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodGets View Post
Although still in beta, this app tries to solve the problem we have with the screen turning off during phone calls. Now you no longer have to hit the power button or the center d-pad button to turn the screen back on during calls. This app automatically turns the screen on giving access to the in call functions when the phone is not up to your ear, and then turns the screen off when you put it back up to your ear.
Or a direct link to the original xda thread.
Please report how it worked for you, as well as what rom you are using over at the xda thread, and of course any bugs.
Edit: Or, if you're not a member there, post your experience in my thread in the software forum and I'll compile them and post em over at xda for you.
1. whether it worked or not
2. the rom you are using
3. your phone [diamond/pro, cdma/gsm]

Although it only applies to the diamond and pro, maybe I should get my original post moved to the Software forum? I sorta wish we had a diamond/pro forum cause I don't think a lot of people check both, while a lot of the software works on both, but not for other WM phones.

PPCGeeks New User Guide

Last edited by GoodGets; 03-11-2009 at 03:27 PM.
This post has been thanked 7 times.
Old 03-04-2009, 01:24 AM
I did it all for Ta-nuki
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, Nook Color, Xoom Wifi

watzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Touch InCall Screen Tweak v1.0 (auto turns screen on/off during call)

Installing now. I will try it awhile and report back.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-04-2009, 01:35 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond - MightyROM 4.x - Radio Sprint V1.11.00.F

infection0 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularinfection0 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularinfection0 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularinfection0 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Thank you thank you, you are awesome
Old 03-04-2009, 01:53 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

pask2155 is keeping up the good workpask2155 is keeping up the good workpask2155 is keeping up the good work

great app, it seems to do good, only thing i'm worried about is if it is gonna wear the battery out with it polling the gsensor every .25 seconds????
Old 03-04-2009, 01:59 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Konfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pask2155 View Post
great app, it seems to do good, only thing i'm worried about is if it is gonna wear the battery out with it polling the gsensor every .25 seconds????
Ohhh that scares me.
Old 03-04-2009, 02:00 AM
I did it all for Ta-nuki
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, Nook Color, Xoom Wifi

watzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

So far, so good!
Sometimes there's a bit of a delay but not bad.
Thanks!

EDIT: It works faster if you "flick" it Star Trek communicator style.

Last edited by watzone69; 03-04-2009 at 03:04 PM.
Old 03-04-2009, 02:17 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

GoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by watzone69 View Post
So far, so good!
Sometimes there's a bit of a delay but not bad.
Thanks!
Yeah, it's built like that to only poll every so often. But the polling's pretty quick, like every half or quarter of a second or so.

As far as battery drainage, we'll have to wait and see. Test it out over the next few days, report back your impressions. I know it doesn't run until you are actually in a call, so that should help.

Last edited by GoodGets; 03-04-2009 at 02:20 AM.
Old 03-07-2009, 12:20 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Re: [3/6/09] Touch InCall Screen Tweak v1.0.3 (auto turns screen on/off during call)

I think everyone now knows to follow this app in the software forum here at ppcgeeks, but just in case here is the link to the thread. It does work for both the diamond and the pro.
Old 03-10-2009, 10:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Diamond

matty032 is keeping up the good workmatty032 is keeping up the good work
Re: [3/6/09] Touch InCall Screen Tweak v1.0.3 (auto turns screen on/off during call)

it only worked for a couple of days, then stopped

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond