PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2009, 03:23 AM
p2k
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: TELUS

p2k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularp2k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularp2k is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Daylight Savings Time

I was trying this morning... and decided that the easiest solution was just to change it manually.
Old 03-09-2009, 12:47 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond CDMA
Carrier: Telus

ShatteredAxe is a n00b

Yeah, my phones been acting up. Recently for some reason it moved all my appointments ahead by one hour, like it decided to do that instead of change the clock. Anyone know how to fix it? Outlook didnt do it, but if i sync its just going to replace outlook with all the appointments with new times.
Old 03-09-2009, 12:51 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

Hafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Did you try the patch?

Having problems finding what you're looking for? Here are some tips on how to search the site more effectively.
Old 03-09-2009, 12:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

armorforsleep is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to armorforsleep

Same thing happened to me..turned it on yesterday, message came up and said that it had adjusted itself, but it didn't still an hour behind. Tried syncing manually, still no. I just jumped it ahead manually.

I find it ridiculous that a phone with so much tech and stuff it can do, can't even update for daylight savings time. My Mogul was the same way, must be a WM thing.
Old 03-09-2009, 02:05 PM
VIP Member

Hafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I hate to repeat myself, but no one is specifying if they tried the patch or not. It solved the problem for me.
Old 03-09-2009, 02:07 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 5

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hafrust View Post
I hate to repeat myself, but no one is specifying if they tried the patch or not. It solved the problem for me.
It worked for me ... but my appointments are still off by an hour!
Old 03-09-2009, 02:15 PM
VIP Member

This is from Microsoft, hopefully it will help:

Installation tips
  • Run the Outlook Time Zone Update Tool on your PC immediately after you apply the DST update
    After you apply the DST update to all of your PCs, run the Outlook Time Zone Update Tool on your PC immediately. If meetings between extended DST periods are scheduled after the DST files are installed but before the tool is run, meetings will erroneously be moved one hour earlier. To correct such calendar items, organizers should manually update such meetings to ensure they are scheduled accurately for themselves and all invitees. More information about Outlook Time Zone Update Tool is available at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/931667.
  • All connected devices must be updated
    Even if you correctly update your PC with the DST update, when you view your calendar from a non-updated mobile device running Windows Mobile, your meetings during the extended DST period will be shifted by one hour. Meetings created on your non-updated device will need to be updated on your PC by running the Outlook Time Zone Update Tool again.
  • If some users have not updated their Outlook, it will affect other users
    The Outlook Time Zone Update Tool only updates meetings for which the user is the organizer, and then automatically sends updates for those meetings to attendees. Meetings that you are invited to but did not organize will not be updated until the organizer updates the meeting and sends you an update. Once the update is accepted, it will display at the proper time. Additionally, meetings created by a delegate on your behalf from a non-updated PC will need to be updated on your PC by running the Outlook Time Zone Update Tool again.

Last edited by Hafrust; 03-09-2009 at 02:18 PM.
Old 03-09-2009, 03:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

thomlanphear is just getting started

I noticed this morning I was off by an hour. Tried updating everything nothing seemed to work. I went into settings, Regional Settings and found that I was not on Eastern I was on (I think) Atlantic. Changed it to Eastern time and everything is okay. I am not sure if it was wrong from the beginning and I didn't use my phone much yesterday so I don't know if it was wrong all day but I also got the message about updating it yesterday morning due to DST. Take a look and see if it changed yours to another Time Zone.

Update- Well I have changed mine back to Eastern about 3 times and it keeps going to Atlantic everytime I do the sync. Gonna try the patch next.

Well did the patch soft reset and it switched back again. Any other ideas? I ended up turning off the time sync feature until I get it fixed hopefully it will stay correct for now but I can't believe there is no fix for it.

Last edited by thomlanphear; 03-10-2009 at 10:47 AM.
Old 03-09-2009, 03:25 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

WanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuff
Anybody here from Arizona?

I've got an Arizona-specific problem. We don't have DST here and the Arizona setting on the clock/time pulldown menu doesn't know that. I'm an hour ahead on my stock TP and have to reset the clock by hand every morning (so far) and after any soft reset.

I tried changing the registry entry as recommended in the other TP DST thread. Set value to 0 instead of 1. Did not work. Kept changing itself back to 1 after soft resets.
I also tried changing to Chihuahua/La Paz time (also GMT-7, like AZ). That worked for the clock but screwed up all my calendar appointment times, so I had to change back. Ditto for changing for California PDT time which gives the right clock time but wrong appointment times.

If anyone has an Arizona fix, or can confirm that the MS patch works in Arizona where there is no DST, I would really love to hear about it!
Old 03-09-2009, 03:33 PM
A Geek For Eons
Pocket PC: Photon, Xoom
Carrier: Sprint/US, Airtel/India, Telus/Canada

willysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hafrust View Post
... no one is specifying if they tried the patch or not. ...
That's incorrect - I posted on page 1 that I applied the patch and that it worked.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond