PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2009, 05:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: MTS

jbarns is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
SSL Port Number - ActiveSync + Exchange

Hello,

I'm trying to setup exchange on my phone but my company uses a "custom" port number for OWA. Is there anyway in the registry or in activesync to change the default SSL port (443) to the one I need?

Thanks!
Old 03-06-2009, 07:20 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: SSL Port Number - ActiveSync + Exchange

When you put in the server name put it in as www.servername.com:1234 where 1234 is your port. See if that works.
Old 03-06-2009, 11:15 PM
LMG - GEEK, VIP!!!
Pocket PC: HTC TP Pro 2 (From HTC Touch Diamond)
Carrier: Sprint

lawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to lawmangrant Send a message via MSN to lawmangrant Send a message via Yahoo to lawmangrant Send a message via Skype™ to lawmangrant

Even if they use a custom port, the OWA address should take the WM client to the port.
PLAN:
Everything450, w/ unlimited mobile to mobile[B]

Need Dropbox? Use my referral here!
Old 03-07-2009, 12:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
When you put in the server name put it in as www.servername.com:1234 where 1234 is your port. See if that works.
first thing i tried, active sync just deletes that right away after i input it. I also tried to do it in the registry and that didn't work. I assume that active sync adds :433 after the address automatically if you select SSL. I can't find that part in the registry tho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawmangrant View Post
Even if they use a custom port, the OWA address should take the WM client to the port.
to access owa you need the specific port in the address.. that's the whole point of having it on a different port. More secure.
Old 03-08-2009, 12:22 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Not really. If you have you front door closed but your back door open on your house you're just as secure. The only difference is it takes 10 more seconds to get in and out.
Old 03-08-2009, 12:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
Not really. If you have you front door closed but your back door open on your house you're just as secure. The only difference is it takes 10 more seconds to get in and out.
uhh k..

not really a great analogy used there. hackers will probably scan addresses for openings in OWA through SSL or just port 80 because these are default and the easiest to access. Chances of them scanning a random port number for OWA access/loophole is quite a bit smaller. We don't have the infrastructure, money or time to create a bulletproof firewall so this is an easier fix.

Only thing is that it doesn't work for Active Sync, I'm just wondering if anybody knows how to get it to work. I kinda of doubt it can work but it doesn't hurt to ask.
Old 06-29-2009, 10:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

just an update to this. I finally found a program that let's you put the port number in the URL. Pretty neat program for all your email syncing needs actually.

It's called Emoze. Google it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond