PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Diamond Unlocker [ error 202 ] (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=60199)

f4ifrank 03-06-2009 03:21 PM

Diamond Unlocker [ error 202 ]

Hi,

This is the first time trying to unlock and flash my phone. okay, I'm a newbie. Soooooo, I keep getting this friggin error when I try to unlock. I've spent numerous hours reading through the forums here and can't seem to find any posts related to this error. Thanks for any and all help.

Oh, and I have NET 3.5 on my system and I also have Unlocker downloaded to my desktop but I keep getting the same error.

KBZL 03-06-2009 03:32 PM

Re: Diamond Unlocker [ error 202 ]

Quote:

Originally Posted by f4ifrank (Post 756953)
Hi,

This is the first time trying to unlock and flash my phone. okay, I'm a newbie. Soooooo, I keep getting this friggin error when I try to unlock. I've spent numerous hours reading through the forums here and can't seem to find any posts related to this error. Thanks for any and all help.

Ok just to be positive, you have a Diamond right? Not a pro. Secondly, it needs to be cdma, not gsm.

moop 03-06-2009 03:39 PM

I just picked up a Diamond from the Bell store yesterday and I am experiencing the same error.

The phone is clearly synced with my computer (says connected both on the phone and on the computer, and I am able to browse folders) yet when I try to update the ROM it will not connect.

Any ideas?

mkeith813 03-06-2009 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moop (Post 756991)
I just picked up a Diamond from the Bell store yesterday and I am experiencing the same error.

The phone is clearly synced with my computer (says connected both on the phone and on the computer, and I am able to browse folders) yet when I try to update the ROM it will not connect.

Any ideas?

It cant read your current ROM or it wont finish the flash? If it wont finish the flash you have to run the Diamond Unlocker before you can flash any new ROMs

moop 03-06-2009 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mkeith813 (Post 757019)
It cant read your current ROM or it wont finish the flash? If it wont finish the flash you have to run the Diamond Unlocker before you can flash any new ROMs

When running the Diamond Unlocker it verifies my image version as 1.13.666.7. Then I click "update the current ROM version" to "1.57.Diamond", click next, and then I get the connection error.

f4ifrank 03-06-2009 03:55 PM

Yes, it's a Diamond with Sprint, so from what I DO know, it's CDMA, I think. Active Sync is connected to the phone. I run UNLOCKER.EXE and go through the different prompts and then it looks like it's runnining through the "unlock" process but after a few seconds it gives me [error 202 } and asks me to make sure my phone is connected?

BlackOceaN 03-06-2009 04:01 PM

? Good question i like to know the answer to this one?

Quote:

Originally Posted by f4ifrank (Post 757033)
Yes, it's a Diamond with Sprint, so from what I DO know, it's CDMA, I think. Active Sync is connected to the phone. I run UNLOCKER.EXE and go through the different prompts and then it looks like it's runnining through the "unlock" process but after a few seconds it gives me [error 202 } and asks me to make sure my phone is connected?

augy 03-06-2009 04:13 PM

I just recently had the same experience trying to unlock my Sprint Diamond (yes it's CDMA btw). Just like you, I followed the tutorial exactly as described and I kept getting the same error. Reading through the posts, I found others with the same issue who had tried switching to different USB ports and even switching to a different computer.

I'm not sure how or why, but after hours of trying the same thing over and over on both my desktop and laptop, it finally worked at around 3 am. The only thing I can guess is that there may be a slight flaw in the unlocker because this seems to be a common issue.

Have you tried doing it on a different computer? Make sure Net 3.5 is installed on the other computer and you may want to hard reset your phone just to make sure you are following all of the recommended steps.

Good Luck

f4ifrank 03-06-2009 04:35 PM

I only have one computer but I just tried every USB port and I keep getting the same error. ](*,)

f4ifrank 03-06-2009 05:15 PM

I"ve just tried a hard reset and get the same error, am I just out of luck?