PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   [3/11/09] Touch InCall Screen Tweak v1.0.8 (auto turns screen on/off during call) (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=59913)

GoodGets 03-04-2009 12:41 AM

[3/11/09] Touch InCall Screen Tweak v1.0.8 (auto turns screen on/off during call)

New version 1.0.8 released 3/11/09, see my post in the software forum.

Here's my description about it, as well as a link to my thread here.
Quote:

Originally Posted by GoodGets (Post 751790)
Although still in beta, this app tries to solve the problem we have with the screen turning off during phone calls. Now you no longer have to hit the power button or the center d-pad button to turn the screen back on during calls. This app automatically turns the screen on giving access to the in call functions when the phone is not up to your ear, and then turns the screen off when you put it back up to your ear.

Or a direct link to the original xda thread.
Please report how it worked for you, as well as what rom you are using over at the xda thread, and of course any bugs.
Edit: Or, if you're not a member there, post your experience in my thread in the software forum and I'll compile them and post em over at xda for you.
1. whether it worked or not
2. the rom you are using
3. your phone [diamond/pro, cdma/gsm]

Although it only applies to the diamond and pro, maybe I should get my original post moved to the Software forum? I sorta wish we had a diamond/pro forum cause I don't think a lot of people check both, while a lot of the software works on both, but not for other WM phones.

watzone69 03-04-2009 01:24 AM

Re: Touch InCall Screen Tweak v1.0 (auto turns screen on/off during call)

Installing now. I will try it awhile and report back.

infection0 03-04-2009 01:35 AM

Thank you thank you, you are awesome

pask2155 03-04-2009 01:53 AM

great app, it seems to do good, only thing i'm worried about is if it is gonna wear the battery out with it polling the gsensor every .25 seconds????

Konfuzion 03-04-2009 01:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pask2155 (Post 752212)
great app, it seems to do good, only thing i'm worried about is if it is gonna wear the battery out with it polling the gsensor every .25 seconds????

Ohhh that scares me.

watzone69 03-04-2009 02:00 AM

So far, so good!:mrgreen:
Sometimes there's a bit of a delay but not bad.
Thanks!

EDIT: It works faster if you "flick" it Star Trek communicator style.

GoodGets 03-04-2009 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by watzone69 (Post 752227)
So far, so good!:mrgreen:
Sometimes there's a bit of a delay but not bad.
Thanks!

Yeah, it's built like that to only poll every so often. But the polling's pretty quick, like every half or quarter of a second or so.

As far as battery drainage, we'll have to wait and see. Test it out over the next few days, report back your impressions. I know it doesn't run until you are actually in a call, so that should help.

GoodGets 03-07-2009 12:20 AM

Re: [3/6/09] Touch InCall Screen Tweak v1.0.3 (auto turns screen on/off during call)

I think everyone now knows to follow this app in the software forum here at ppcgeeks, but just in case here is the link to the thread. It does work for both the diamond and the pro.

matty032 03-10-2009 10:45 PM

Re: [3/6/09] Touch InCall Screen Tweak v1.0.3 (auto turns screen on/off during call)

it only worked for a couple of days, then stopped