PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2009, 10:52 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Please remove

I checked already but dont see this posted. Looks very interesting. Here is the article from pocketnow.com: try it out!

Grant Your Touchscreen More Sensitivity

Posted by Anton D. Nagy
Wednesday, March 4th at 12:00 AM

You might not get capacitive results with this tweak, but it's close. The tweak comes from XDA Developers and so far it has been proved to work on multiple devices.

You need to download one of the cabs and run it on your device (I suggest you go for the enhanced one which offers higher sensitivity). Advanced users can edit their registry settings without the need of installing aditional cabs, to match the ones suggested. There's no voodoo in it, either installing the cab or editing the registry will have the outcome of modifying two registry entries responsible for the screen sensitivity on your device (one system wide base setting and one HTC related) and altering their default values via replacing them with new ones.

Make sure you soft reset after applying this tweak!
Reverting to default can be done either by uninstalling the cab or by realigning the screen from the Settings. Make sure you have a backup handy just in case!

Last edited by Riley; 03-04-2009 at 03:39 PM.
Old 03-04-2009, 11:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3Dâ„¢
Carrier: Sprint

Unknownforce knows their stuffUnknownforce knows their stuffUnknownforce knows their stuffUnknownforce knows their stuffUnknownforce knows their stuffUnknownforce knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: New Update: Software to increase sensitivity on your screen

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
I checked already but dont see this posted. Looks very interesting. Here is the article from pocketnow.com: try it out!

Grant Your Touchscreen More Sensitivity

Posted by Anton D. Nagy
Wednesday, March 4th at 12:00 AM

You might not get capacitive results with this tweak, but it's close. The tweak comes from XDA Developers and so far it has been proved to work on multiple devices.

You need to download one of the cabs and run it on your device (I suggest you go for the enhanced one which offers higher sensitivity). Advanced users can edit their registry settings without the need of installing aditional cabs, to match the ones suggested. There's no voodoo in it, either installing the cab or editing the registry will have the outcome of modifying two registry entries responsible for the screen sensitivity on your device (one system wide base setting and one HTC related) and altering their default values via replacing them with new ones.

Make sure you soft reset after applying this tweak!
Reverting to default can be done either by uninstalling the cab or by realigning the screen from the Settings. Make sure you have a backup handy just in case!
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=59810

It's on the same forum and on the same page of posts, looks like you checked pretty hard.

Phone: Sprint HTC EVO 3D
ROM: Synergy Nightly with Own Mods
"If you have the stereo on, why would you turn up the volume on the TV?" 'Cause I like to party
Old 03-04-2009, 12:00 PM
Kitchen Builder
Pocket PC: HTC Touch + Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

tobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Not really software
Old 03-04-2009, 12:39 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile
Threadstarter

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknownforce View Post
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=59810

It's on the same forum and on the same page of posts, looks like you checked pretty hard.
boy oh boy did I miss that. stupid moment and I apologize. Oh well, at least my intentions were good and based off the fact that I help many people in this forum, I will let that speak for itself.

Moderator, please remove. thanks.

Last edited by Riley; 03-04-2009 at 12:50 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond