PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2009, 10:29 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Alltel

maylemikey is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
is there anyway

Is there anyway to get some of the new features from windows mobile 6.5 on windows mobile 6.1 like the new honeycomb start menu and the improve today screen in like cab. files if not when is the leaked rom of windows mobile 6.5 going to be ready for htc touch diamond and can someone teach me how to get that rom on my phone sry i am new and i am alittle nervous about flashing my rom
Old 03-02-2009, 10:39 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Re: is there anyway

Quote:
Originally Posted by maylemikey View Post
Is there anyway to get some of the new features from windows mobile 6.5 on windows mobile 6.1 like the new honeycomb start menu and the improve today screen in like cab. files if not when is the leaked rom of windows mobile 6.5 going to be ready for htc touch diamond and can someone teach me how to get that rom on my phone sry i am new and i am alittle nervous about flashing my rom
first read this thread. you will need to properly unlock your phone. Thanks to Tobey, we have a great sticky in the Diamond Upgrade section:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=36062

pay attention to the steps that are required and you will have no reason at all to be worried. Just become comfortable with the steps. be sure to ask questions and people will help you. As for adding 6.5 elements into 6.1, some of our chefs are doing this but not the honeycomb interface. Not sure if that is doable or it may end up being a theme based project. there are 6.5 roms that will start to come out including one now. here is the thread for one that is available to flash now but keep in mind its beta so there are modifying it so it will not be usuable as a 6.1 custom rom in the forum.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=59118

Highlife has done a great job with this 6.5 project. I'm sure soon there will be others as well that take the 6.5 plunge and release it to the cdma diamond forum. Good luck!
Old 03-02-2009, 10:43 PM
intx is the sexiest VIP
Pocket PC: Hero
Carrier: Sprint

intx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to intx Send a message via Yahoo to intx

Quote:
Don't be too nervous about flashing. I was as well, but now I can't even use a stock rom, it's terrible.

Just give it a go, and make sure you read, read, and read again before you do anything.

Donate if you like my work!
Old 03-02-2009, 10:57 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

thx very much i am going to read this guide a couple of times before i try anything
Old 03-02-2009, 11:04 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

It's not that bad. If you need help too you could get on IRC and go to #ppcgeeks on Freenode. Just wait around if no one is there.
Old 03-02-2009, 11:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: AT$T Tilt
Carrier: AT$T

denco7 is a n00b

Quote:
I had a custom rom on my Kaiser , based on a leaked beta of the new 6.5, for a couple of weeks. Personally I couldn't stand the new today screen or the " honeycomb " start menu. While it is a step up for everyone using a stock 6.1 interface, I don't have enough fingers to count how many custom 6.1 roms , I like better than the new 6.5. My opinion, don't bother.
Old 03-02-2009, 11:24 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

i have to unlock my phone

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond