PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   First picture after boot (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=59709)

avhokie 03-02-2009 03:05 PM

First picture after boot

Some time ago, I replaced the first picture that appears on my Sprint Diamond right after it starts booting. I am now having some hardware problems and need to take the phone back to the Sprint store. I want to replace my picture with the original one, but I don't remember what the original picture was and how to put it back. Any help? Thanks!

InvincibleLiving 03-02-2009 03:09 PM

Re: First picture after boot

1 Attachment(s)
try this...

enjoy

lawmangrant 03-02-2009 03:10 PM

its the welcomehead picture, and i am sure you wont have an issue returning your phone if its just your welcomehead image

avhokie 03-02-2009 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nautica2450 (Post 748673)
try this...

enjoy

Thanks, but that didn't change the initial pic that I was thinking of. In fact, after installing this, the sprint animated graphic gets cut off and it shows a WM6.1 screen that I had not seen before...

InvincibleLiving 03-02-2009 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by avhokie (Post 748703)
Thanks, but that didn't change the initial pic that I was thinking of. In fact, after installing this, the sprint animated graphic gets cut off and it shows a WM6.1 screen that I had not seen before...

lawman is correct, you can still use the cab i posted above with no problem... they will not care nor notice.

avhokie 03-02-2009 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lawmangrant (Post 748675)
its the welcomehead picture, and i am sure you wont have an issue returning your phone if its just your welcomehead image

Actually, it's a picture that comes up before the sprint animation and the welcomehead.

I'm weary that if I return it like this, they will know that I had unlocked it and will try to get out of fixing the phone...

InvincibleLiving 03-02-2009 03:32 PM

if you're in vienna, your closest store with a repair center is Tysons which is like a block from where I am. I know those guys well, and know they dont care if they're unlocked ect. they have way too much activity over there to keep up with paying attention to that kind of stuff.

If you're that worried, backup all your stuff, and then reflash the stock sprint rom... problem solved.

MrObvious 03-02-2009 03:34 PM

So reflash the stock ROM then flash the relocker bootloader. You ALWAYS do that if you're taking your phone in to be serviced unless doing a warranty claim.

darren.wlsn1 03-02-2009 03:44 PM

my sprint store wouldnt know if i returned a 6900 for a tp let alone a diff. welcomehead. lol

avhokie 03-02-2009 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nautica2450 (Post 748731)
if you're in vienna, your closest store with a repair center is Tysons which is like a block from where I am. I know those guys well, and know they dont care if they're unlocked ect. they have way too much activity over there to keep up with paying attention to that kind of stuff.

If you're that worried, backup all your stuff, and then reflash the stock sprint rom... problem solved.

Cool, you're right around the corner :)

I reflashed with the stock ROM earlier today, but it did not replace this image. But it sounds like it will not be an issue. So I'll just locked it and take it to the store :)