PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Black home screen text - (have the manilla file for it, but it voids bg4 all tabs ) (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=59610)

JQuill 03-01-2009 06:10 PM

Black home screen text - (have the manilla file for it, but it voids bg4 all tabs )

1 Attachment(s)
I searched but havent found anything on this....this manilla file (attatched) changes the color of the home screen text and icons, it is from the white tf3d theme from XDA...if you're using a background forall tabs hack this file can't be in the windows directory, is there any way to fix that so we can have black home tab text and background 4 all tabs?

eenieMINI 03-01-2009 06:16 PM

Re: Black home screen text - (have the manilla file for it, but it voids bg4 all tabs

You probably need to check the changes against the file of the same name that is already in the windows directory.. Edit your file to match (as far as the color codes but not the rest.) Also this doesn't change the icons colors as those are in the 1bbfdc9b_manila file (graphic)

the file you attached is a complicated file so be careful!

JQuill 03-01-2009 10:31 PM

Re: Black home screen text - (have the manilla file for it, but it voids bg4 all tabs

the thing is...my problem isnt getting it to match the same file that is in the windows directory...my problem is the fact that the file itself cannot be in the windows directory at all if you want background 4 all tabs to work. So it's either background for all tabs - OR - black text on home tab...but can't have both

eenieMINI 03-02-2009 12:59 AM

Thats not true as I have that file and I have background for all pages.. I guess it depends on what method you use to get background for all I have munrus/nisse setup and I do have that file, I just had it edited to clean up my home screen so I'm sure of it.

Here is a link to my setup:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...64&postcount=2

JQuill 03-02-2009 02:03 AM

**correction***
I mis-spoke about it not being included...I was thinking of another manilla file entirely...

It's funny because with my setup I have the same exact background for all tabs you have but I didn't need the sprint fix. I just installed flip clock, then the BG for all tabs we both have then it worked...the only time i ever got any trouble was when i tried to install an analog clock and i got the white square error...when I copy that version of the manilla file i posted into my windows directory only then do i get the white square at the top left. I'll try the sprint fix cab and see if that works thanks.

PS - yeah i know that manilla file is essentially what makes the clock tf3d clock work thats why i didn't want to start messing with it if theres an easier solution

eenieMINI 03-02-2009 01:56 PM

I haven't been able to use an analog clock but I do have my clock in the corner without an issue.

JQuill 03-02-2009 03:03 PM

I had an analog clock working once, but didn't use it because the clock was the only thing on the screen, it wiped out the rest of the home tab. I believe all I did was install the version of nisse's background for all tabs that had analog clock built in...this gave me the white square error...then i installed the sprint fix then installed the version of background for all tabs that didn't come with the analog clock and my analog clock stayed and bg 4 all tabs worked.

eenieMINI 03-02-2009 05:27 PM

Ah.. I'm liking my clock in the corner so I gave up the idea of the analog. But thanks for the order for install incase my b/f wants it afterall.