PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2009, 05:02 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond & Treo 700wx / HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: TELUS / Verizon Wireless

Devileyezz is keeping up the good workDevileyezz is keeping up the good workDevileyezz is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to Devileyezz
Question ActiveSync unable to setup partnership with XP

Hi,

I recently downgraded my laptop from Vista to XP SP3. I also have a desktop XP where I had ActiveSync working perfectly fine. But now on this laptop when I connect the Diamond via USB cable, it doesn't make the sound of USB connect neither does it ask me on the phone if I want to connect ActiveSync or Disk Drive, etc.

I'm using ActiveSync 4.5.0 if that helps on this XP.
Some help would be appreciated.
Thanks!
Old 03-01-2009, 06:12 PM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: ActiveSync unable to setup partnership with XP

Are you using the same usb cable you have been? I have two usb cables that do that to me but if I use the stock one or one other that I have that specifically said data cable I get the prompt.. the other two are great for charging but somehow don't work for data connect so when I plug them into my computer it basically acts as a charge port only.
Old 03-01-2009, 07:04 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Devileyezz is keeping up the good workDevileyezz is keeping up the good workDevileyezz is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by eenieMINI View Post
Are you using the same usb cable you have been? I have two usb cables that do that to me but if I use the stock one or one other that I have that specifically said data cable I get the prompt.. the other two are great for charging but somehow don't work for data connect so when I plug them into my computer it basically acts as a charge port only.
Ah, you could be bang on right about this. I've been using the same cable. But never used the cable I use for XP (which happens to be a cable for Canon SD630 as well). I'm currently traveling so I have this other cable..

I'll let you know once I get another cable (should be tmrw)
Old 03-01-2009, 07:14 PM
Still a Geek

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Good Luck! I had to try a few cables (the stock always worked) as some of my spares just wouldn't do it.. including yes, a camera cable!
Old 03-01-2009, 10:06 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Good Luck! I had to try a few cables (the stock always worked) as some of my spares just wouldn't do it.. including yes, a camera cable!
I'm trying to remember if I even got a stock USB cable during the purchase. Might not have...
Old 03-02-2009, 11:33 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Great, tried a different cable and it works well now!
Thanks for the help!
Old 03-02-2009, 01:45 PM
Still a Geek

Cool! I figured it was something simple... now you know and can help pass it on when someone else comes up with it!

btw.. hit my thanks button?
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-12-2009, 08:23 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Cool! I figured it was something simple... now you know and can help pass it on when someone else comes up with it!

LOL just did!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-12-2009, 10:02 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:

Done.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond