PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   ActiveSync unable to setup partnership with XP (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=59602)

Devileyezz 03-01-2009 05:02 PM

ActiveSync unable to setup partnership with XP

Hi,

I recently downgraded my laptop from Vista to XP SP3. I also have a desktop XP where I had ActiveSync working perfectly fine. But now on this laptop when I connect the Diamond via USB cable, it doesn't make the sound of USB connect neither does it ask me on the phone if I want to connect ActiveSync or Disk Drive, etc.

I'm using ActiveSync 4.5.0 if that helps on this XP.
Some help would be appreciated.
Thanks!

eenieMINI 03-01-2009 06:12 PM

Re: ActiveSync unable to setup partnership with XP

Are you using the same usb cable you have been? I have two usb cables that do that to me but if I use the stock one or one other that I have that specifically said data cable I get the prompt.. the other two are great for charging but somehow don't work for data connect so when I plug them into my computer it basically acts as a charge port only.

Devileyezz 03-01-2009 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eenieMINI (Post 746686)
Are you using the same usb cable you have been? I have two usb cables that do that to me but if I use the stock one or one other that I have that specifically said data cable I get the prompt.. the other two are great for charging but somehow don't work for data connect so when I plug them into my computer it basically acts as a charge port only.

Ah, you could be bang on right about this. I've been using the same cable. But never used the cable I use for XP (which happens to be a cable for Canon SD630 as well). I'm currently traveling so I have this other cable..

I'll let you know once I get another cable (should be tmrw)

eenieMINI 03-01-2009 07:14 PM

Good Luck! I had to try a few cables (the stock always worked) as some of my spares just wouldn't do it.. including yes, a camera cable!

Devileyezz 03-01-2009 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eenieMINI (Post 746804)
Good Luck! I had to try a few cables (the stock always worked) as some of my spares just wouldn't do it.. including yes, a camera cable!

I'm trying to remember if I even got a stock USB cable during the purchase. Might not have...

Devileyezz 03-02-2009 11:33 AM

Great, tried a different cable and it works well now!
Thanks for the help!

eenieMINI 03-02-2009 01:45 PM

Cool! I figured it was something simple... now you know and can help pass it on when someone else comes up with it!

btw.. hit my thanks button? :angel4:

Devileyezz 04-12-2009 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eenieMINI (Post 748499)
Cool! I figured it was something simple... now you know and can help pass it on when someone else comes up with it!

LOL just did! :D

MrObvious 04-12-2009 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eenieMINI (Post 748499)

Done. :D