PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Diamond's MiniUSB slot messed up.. (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=59593)

intx 03-01-2009 02:03 PM

Diamond's MiniUSB slot messed up..

USB cable not working. Another charger I had for RAZR, tried that one. I could hold it pressing upwards towards the phone with pressure and it would charge, but just plugging it in did nothing(tried the RAZR with it to make sure it was still working, it was).

I have the Sprint_Stock.nbh on my phone, yet no way to relock it.

Is there anyway to relock it via phone only, or do I just have to hope Sprint doesn't check if it is locked?

intx 03-01-2009 02:21 PM

Re: Diamond's MiniUSB slot messed up..

Just spoke with Sprint.

I can take it into a Sprint store and they'll either fix it or replace it on the spot for free.

Do Sprint stores ever check the bootloader or will I be alright with stock sprint rom?

darren.wlsn1 03-01-2009 02:30 PM

my store doesnt but when it leaves there they might.

p2k 03-01-2009 02:38 PM

It seems the diamond has some issues with the enhanched usb connector lifting from the board. This enhanced miniusb connector is only usb compatible,i find that it doesnt fit perfectly and i recommend using the original cable whenever possible.

intx 03-01-2009 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p2k (Post 746314)
It seems the diamond has some issues with the enhanched usb connector lifting from the board. This enhanced miniusb connector is only usb compatible,i find that it doesnt fit perfectly and i recommend using the original cable whenever possible.

I was using the original ExUSB cord that came with it, it wasnt working. I had to use a regular miniusb and lift it up to charge it...

MrObvious 03-01-2009 04:19 PM

ALWAYS take it in with a stock bootloader and ROM. ALWAYS. It's better safe than sorry.

intx 03-01-2009 05:29 PM

I can't...I can't connect via Activesync to relock it..

finemisses 03-02-2009 12:31 PM

I am having this same issue. Sprint wants to replace my phone but I cannot get to active sync to sync it. Any suggestions? I may go the bluetooth route before I take it in for swapping but will that save all of my registry settings and cabs? I have TomTom and really do not want to lose that. Also the computer I originally synced with is on the fritz - was Vista, now I am trying to sync to a XP. Sorry to hijack your thread, just need a little help here..

Thanks

MrObvious 03-02-2009 03:43 PM

Wi-fi?

finemisses 03-02-2009 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrObvious (Post 748764)
Wi-fi?

Yes I have wi-fi, and a router at home. Can I back up with wi-fi tho? I am not on a Exchange Server, this is my personal phone.