PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Fexplore.exe keeps popping up????? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=59522)

nmoreman 02-28-2009 05:26 PM

Fexplore.exe keeps popping up?????

I have this message from Microsoft with "a problem has occurred with fexplore.exe" that keeps popping up when loading cab files. I tap "don't send", it reverts back to Programs page from File Explorer. I try another time, does it again.

Is this the kiss of death](*,) or running into a need for hard reset??

Anything I can do? I have everything I have loaded copied on my desktop, but don't want to hardreset unless I have to.

If this is suggested, can I just Erase my Storage, leaving everyting on Internal Card? I need to know, going on 2 week vacation on Wednesday and must have phone functioning, can't fix while at the beach!!

Thanks.

Riley 02-28-2009 05:48 PM

Re: Fexplore.exe keeps popping up?????

Quote:

Originally Posted by nmoreman (Post 744851)
I have this message from Microsoft with "a problem has occurred with fexplore.exe" that keeps popping up when loading cab files. I tap "don't send", it reverts back to Programs page from File Explorer. I try another time, does it again.

Is this the kiss of death](*,) or running into a need for hard reset??

Anything I can do? I have everything I have loaded copied on my desktop, but don't want to hardreset unless I have to.

If this is suggested, can I just Erase my Storage, leaving everyting on Internal Card? I need to know, going on 2 week vacation on Wednesday and must have phone functioning, can't fix while at the beach!!

Thanks.

yes, I have this happen in the past and I usually just hard reset. Your in luck though, when you clear storage(hard reset) through settings it will only hard reset your device memory, and will not touch your internal storage. Go to Start>Settings>System tab>Clear Storage>Clear Storage only. there are other options which include hard resetting both but this is an option. If I were you, i would clear storage so you are working from a clean slate. Hope this helps.

nmoreman 02-28-2009 06:35 PM

Is there any hope this won't keep getting worse? Or is inevitable to hard reset.

Sprint Customer Service put an update on phone last week which sent it into spin, did not put it back on.

I have just added four programs that either might have caused the problem, or maganified. S2P player, Free Kinoma, Pcm Keyboard, and Fat Finger Menu.

All had to be installed, deleted, then reinstalled. My storage and memory is in great shape.

I love to tweak, but it seems to take more and more time to maintain . . . I just can't wait and have it break on vacation where I have nothing to repair it with.

nmoreman 02-28-2009 08:26 PM

Now a new one popped up - Problem with device.exe ](*,) ](*,)](*,)

MrObvious 03-01-2009 04:28 PM

Hard reset time. :\

nmoreman 03-01-2009 07:19 PM

Any idea of what caused this problem so I don't reload and have the same thing happen after hardreset - conflicting programs in post #3 that could've started this. Additionally, added Plantronics Bluetooth at same time.

MrObvious 03-02-2009 03:46 PM

Maybe it's a bad ROM flash or a program you are loading?