PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   My Sprint Diamond Has Worms :) (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=59466)

Biker1 02-28-2009 12:00 AM

My Sprint Diamond Has Worms :)

I just noticed in the center of my touch screen, approximately 3/4"x1 1/2",
there appears to be moving things within this rectangular area.
I can see this under certain lighting and when the screen backlight is off. But I can also see this when the backlight is on if I angle the screen in certain positions.
I never noticed this before. It is subtle yet noticeable at certain angles.
It looks like tiny worms that are movig around. Like I said, most of the time it is not noticeabe unless I position the screen at certain angles or under certain lighting.
Is this a pixel or touch screen issue or is this normal?
I would like to know so I can TEP my Diamond if I have to.
Any input is appreciated.
Edit:The little things only move when I move the Diamond. It is like a rainbow effect, like oil on water. Does not interfere with what is on the screen though. All text and pics are clear. Usually when there is something wrong with the crystal on devices , it interferes with what is being viewed on the screen. Again, any feedback is appreciated.

blasphemous_prime 02-28-2009 02:14 AM

Re: My Sprint Diamond Has Worms :)

You have posted in the Atlas forum. Let me redirect you back to your true destination.

Biker1 02-28-2009 04:15 AM

Sorry about posting in the wrong forum. Thanks for the redirection :)

Genjinaro 02-28-2009 01:37 PM

I think they may have took ownership of the phone before you did. :p
Who knows how they got in there.

Biker1 03-01-2009 06:08 AM

"Sprint screen has a problem" A thread dated 5/7/08 is where I found the answer. The thread is about the Sprint Touch but the rainbow effect is the same phenomenon that is happening to the Diamond. Has to do with the digitzeri that is pulling away from the screen. HTC is aware of the issue with the Touch and I am sure they know it is happening with the Diamond. I will call HTC as I would like to just have the screen replaced since I have my Diamond set up pretty nicely.
I actually googled the problem and the link came back here.

Saturn2888 03-01-2009 06:22 AM

Can I see a picture or video of it please?

Biker1 03-01-2009 11:22 AM

In the thread I mentioned as a reference, the op posted a picture in his first post that shows the rainbow phenomenon very clearly. If you in to that post, you can open up the pic. Sorry cannot post the link here as I am using my Diamond right now. Let me know if you found the thread.

Biker1 03-01-2009 11:30 AM

the op is mikeylive. the name of the thread is My screen broke, what is this? (pic)_It is in the HTC Vogue forum. The thread is dated 5/7/08.The pic is in the first post. My rainbow rectangle phenomenon is alittle smaller . Hope this helps. Do you have the same?

Biker1 04-19-2009 02:50 PM

UPDATE:The phenomenon got progressively worse until the Touch Screen failed. I went to the Sprint Store and they issued me another Diamond.

Primenall 04-19-2009 04:46 PM

I had it on 2 different touches, it started out in the middle and got bigger, like a square the size of a stamp, the layers were separating.

Looks just like oil on top of water, you can really see it more under certain light like under certain fluorescents with white ceilings, it sucked.

Over on Xda there's a thread, HTC knows about it and were even replacing/repairing some peoples under warranty.

My Tep took care of mine.