PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2009, 04:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

neelesh is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
you tube/music stops after 3 minutes?

When I play youtube or my music from the music tab on touchflo, it plays fine (without earphones, just the phone) and my phone goes to standby like usual after a minute --for the music and then after 3 minutes total, the music suddenly stops and I have to press the power to go back from standby and press play again and let it sit there? And if i press the standby (power) key when playing it stops the music? How do I stop this and let the music play the entire time until I stop it?

Also, my youtube suddenly stops after 3 minutes as well if I dont touch the screen or anything else and it gets a little annoying. How can I let it play the full amount without having to touch the screen every 2 minutes so it wont stop playing?
Old 03-02-2009, 05:34 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Re: you tube/music stops after 3 minutes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by neelesh View Post
When I play youtube or my music from the music tab on touchflo, it plays fine (without earphones, just the phone) and my phone goes to standby like usual after a minute --for the music and then after 3 minutes total, the music suddenly stops and I have to press the power to go back from standby and press play again and let it sit there? And if i press the standby (power) key when playing it stops the music? How do I stop this and let the music play the entire time until I stop it?

Also, my youtube suddenly stops after 3 minutes as well if I dont touch the screen or anything else and it gets a little annoying. How can I let it play the full amount without having to touch the screen every 2 minutes so it wont stop playing?
just an idea. go to your power settings. there are two setting in each category. batter power and external power. assuming you are using battery power, try changing the duraton of "turn off device" to 5 minutes or longer. not sure if this will affect battery life but you can always change it back after using youtube. not sure if this will work but give it a whirl. thanks.
Old 03-02-2009, 07:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Threadstarter

neelesh is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Is there any other way? On my old instinct, as long as youtube was playing, it would keep playing until I stopped it, and I could even turn the screen off and it would still play (the sound at least).

And what can I do for the music? The screen turns off and it still plays, but then after 2 minutes the music suddenly stops?

I am not using any locking device/program and using mighty's 4.5 rom
Old 03-02-2009, 10:43 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by neelesh View Post
Is there any other way? On my old instinct, as long as youtube was playing, it would keep playing until I stopped it, and I could even turn the screen off and it would still play (the sound at least).

And what can I do for the music? The screen turns off and it still plays, but then after 2 minutes the music suddenly stops?

I am not using any locking device/program and using mighty's 4.5 rom
ok, probably the best solution would be to ask in mighty forum for this rom if anyone else is experiencing this issue. usually people will chime and give their solution or at least acknowledge this plus Mighty and Lilrico will see the comments and potentially have a better solution.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond