PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2009, 05:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

alex jb is keeping up the good workalex jb is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to alex jb
Thinking of upgrading from vogue...

Hi folks,

I'm a sprint touch user, and mine's a little beat up these days so I'm thinking of upgrading to the diamond.
(dislike the slide out keyboards so definately thinking diamond not touch pro)

So for you regular diamond users, what do you guys think the benifits over the touch(vogue) are?
Old 02-27-2009, 05:38 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Diamond

TerekKincaid is just getting started
Re: Thinking of upgrading from vogue...

I went from a Vogue to a Diamond.

Just about everything is better on the Diamond. Things load faster, look crisper. Not sure how much you tricked out your Vogue with Manilia 2D or not, but TF3D runs faster than 2D did (for obvious reasons)

I do think the d-pad is a little bit wonky compared to the Vogue. Left and right seem to depend on positioning your fingers just right on the capacitive touch area, and I've gone to the home screen more than once when I was just trying to go left (up and down are no problem). And, maybe I'm just doing it wrong :P

The major downer is the GPS. I had iGo working as smooth as butter on the Vogue, and I get that nasty lag on the Diamond (where the cursor is a few seconds behind where you actually are). I've tried all the fixes, nothing so far.

So, if you don't depend on GPS, I'd say the Diamond is a no-brainer (money aside, of course).
Old 02-27-2009, 05:54 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: AT&T

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP

I made the change last Thanksgiving, after debating back and forth for a while. I had my Touch working flawlessly, and didn't want to screw things up. Well ... the Diamond is superior to the Touch in almost every way, but especially the VGA screen. Compared to the Touch, it just pops ... crystal clear. As for the gps, mine works perfectly, locks onto the satellites in 4-5 seconds. I use a custom rom from Calcu's kitchen, and my phone is so smooth, and quite fast. You won't regret moving to the Diamond ... enjoy.
Old 02-27-2009, 07:47 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

The Diamond is great. And as for GPS, try changing your GPS mode Terek in HKLM/Software/HTC/SuplAGPS.
Old 02-28-2009, 02:53 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Diamond

mikejames07 is just getting started

To me the biggest improvement was the Wifi capability. I was very disappointed that my Vogue didn't have Wifi. One of the great thing I loved about the Vogue was the size. The Diamond is nice and small too =). And like everyone else has said...the VGA screen is awesome!
Old 02-28-2009, 08:25 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

b4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularb4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularb4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularb4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularb4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to b4u2

I just switched from the Vogue to the Diamond this month. Love the Diamond! It's faster, a little smaller, & the vga screen looks great! The Dpad does take a little bit of practice . It also functions as a scroll wheel which is pretty slick. The lack of WIFI on the Vogue was a major drawback. The Diamond rocks!

Last edited by b4u2; 02-28-2009 at 08:29 AM.
Old 02-28-2009, 11:18 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Diamond

TerekKincaid is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
The Diamond is great. And as for GPS, try changing your GPS mode Terek in HKLM/Software/HTC/SuplAGPS.
Well, I'm using grooveROM, so I think the proper tweaks have been made, but could you tell me what settings I should have there?

And the GPS locks on just fine, almost instantly. I just get the position lag when I start moving.
Old 02-28-2009, 11:22 AM
I see you have a PPC.

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Try mode 1 or 2 and it won't lock on as fast but it might be accurate.
Old 03-03-2009, 04:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Alltel

jtcrusader is just getting started

Bump...
...I am thinking of upgrading from the Vogue, as well. Any other thoughts. I am with Alltel.
Old 03-03-2009, 05:19 PM
I see you have a PPC.

It's not a bad upgrade IMO. I went from the 6800 and typing on the Diamond isn't bad at all.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond