PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2009, 04:23 PM
Lurker

bry21317 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Help - Touch Diamond - Not answering phone calls

Ok,
I have a Sprint HTC Diamond and I love it. My only problem is that, I am unable to answer phone calls at times. It will not allow me to answer a call when the call comes in, using either the answer button on the TS or the Hardware button to pick up the phone.

It seems to be getting worse. I have tried cleaning up the phone, but I pretty much just have a stock Diamond with some softwared installed.

Here is the information that I have on my phone.
Rom Version 1.09.651.5
Rom Date 8/04/08
Radio Version 1.00.00f
Hardware Version 0080

Installed Programs are
Oz Instant Messaging
Triangle Powers Diamond Hacks
GsensorCalibrator Cab
Gravity Mobile MUSICID
Garmin Mobile XT
Microsoft Live Search
PHM Registry Editor
Sprint Picture Mail
SPB Full Screen Keyboard
Digital Cyclone MyCast
Google Search
Microsoft .net CF 3.5
Zio Tiger Woods PGA Tour
J.S/ Advanced Configuration Tool 3.3
Schaps Advanced Task Manager
Schaps Registry Editor
Unknown_battery_roam_notify_tether
SPB Poket Plus
Divx INC DivxPlayer
03Touch 03Touch
Zipiik USBtoPCPopup
Anryl Opera 9.5 1938 Update only
Anryl My Mobile Application
Skype Software SARL Skype for Windows
PocketCM Keyboard .14
Montecristoff Diamond Tweak
Anf Ticker Tape
Supware.net Idialer
Vicsoft Keyswop
Cjcraft.com Mobile Tipper
Cjcraft.com Gps Compass
Vicsoft ClearTemp
HOP HButton
SKKV Software GSEN
Supware.net Icontact
SPB Brain Evolution
Pocketnow.com Enalbe WLAN G MODE
Logmein, INC Remote Control
Google Maps

Total Storage Memory Avail 18,056K

PLEASE Someone tell me what is causing it so that I can't answer phone calls. All other functions of this PHONE are awesome, just having something thats not allowing me to answer calls. It sometimes allows me to, but other times I have to call them back.

Bryan
Old 02-27-2009, 09:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond - MightyROM 4.x - Radio Sprint V1.11.00.F
Carrier: Sprint

infection0 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularinfection0 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularinfection0 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularinfection0 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Help - Touch Diamond - Not answering phone calls

Probably a tethering or internet-related hack you used. If I recall correctly there is a registry edit to solve the problem... I forgot what it was though. It had something to do with #777 or GPRS settings or something like that.
Old 03-02-2009, 02:05 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

Moved to the general Diamond Forum.

late,
Coz
Old 03-02-2009, 02:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO Shift 4G

JQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuff

I had a similar problem...whenever I hit the answer button, on jug's slide to unlock or on regular answer screen it would just mute the ring tone, and then I couldnt asnwer the call even when I pressed the button repeatedly. I don't have ANY custom internet apps or any customization apps that even use the internet except for the HD weather tab...also I don't use tethering. So for me, this problem def. was not caused by internet issues.

A simple solution for me was to wait until it rang twice and then answer it...for some reason it only gave me the problem when I immediately answered the phone, which led me to believe it had something to do with an "answer delay" feature or something to that effect in a customization program. Here's how I tried to remove the problem.

What it could be from are any ring tone settings, call delay, answer delay, or any other phone settings in your "Montecristoff Diamond Tweak" application...this application isn't meant for CDMA diamonds but some features still work so it can do some funky things if I were you. Like I said Diamond Tweak still works but I would disable any "phone" tweaks.

also---

Don't quote me on this but regarding the "Triangle Powers Diamond Hacks"...I am on stock rom just like you, and for me that program never actually worked, it just slows down my diamond. When I un-installed this program my diamond sped up...just a tip

Last edited by JQuill; 03-02-2009 at 02:59 PM.
Old 03-02-2009, 03:36 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Hard reset never hurts.
Old 03-02-2009, 05:29 PM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by infection0 View Post
Probably a tethering or internet-related hack you used. If I recall correctly there is a registry edit to solve the problem... I forgot what it was though. It had something to do with #777 or GPRS settings or something like that.

Yep see if you can find "shaggy's suspend resume" cab thta will fix the problem.
Old 03-02-2009, 11:16 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

joebagofdonuts is a n00b

Sounds like your problem is #1, follow the links..

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...29&postcount=7
Old 03-03-2009, 11:31 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

bry21317 is a n00b

THANK YOU!

It looks like it is now working, from my test calls to the phone. I will see how it works when I get some calls today. But this looks to be the fix for sure.

Now If I can figure out what App I uninstalled that gave me the Running Programs List on the top Right corner, trying to fix this.

Bryan
Old 03-03-2009, 02:05 PM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

That is your taskmanager you can go to start/settings/system/taskmanager/ then look at the button tab and click "enable quick menu" You can also tell it to use X for close rather than go to background so you don't have to go to taskmanager so many times to close programs.
Old 05-29-2009, 03:16 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HP netbook

DannyAbr is a n00b

A friend had nearly the same problem. He has a Sprint HTC Diamond, too, and he just stopped the call when he pushed the answer button. Tried to help him solve the issue but couldn't figure out how to do it. Well, years ago I worked for a telephone answering company and they were producing kind of pocket answering machines. A similar problem occured with them (couldn't "answer" call when you were at home, the machine did it instead), this was resolved by our IT deparment, was just a little bug in the software.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond