PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2009, 01:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

hoopsdavis is keeping up the good workhoopsdavis is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to hoopsdavis Send a message via MSN to hoopsdavis Send a message via Yahoo to hoopsdavis
Locate MSL using registry editor

Find MSL by making minor registry changes.

* Change the following registry entries in:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\HTC\ATDbgLog
Enable: 1
LogMode: 1
* Wait a reasonable amount of time and soft-reset (I have noticed that it seems to take longer for this value to take affect, so if you reboot and the registry values are not changed, then you need to do it again and wait longer)
* Check to see that the file \Temp\ATDbg0.txt has been created.
* Return the values back to what they were (most likely 0) waiting the same amount of time as above.
* Look in the ATDbg0.txt file and you should see a log of commands sent to the CDMA radio and there should be something like this somewhere in the file:
Code:
113 Tx:AT+HTC_RMSL=0\r
113 Rx:+HTC_RMSL: 354201\r\n0\r
113 Tx:AT+HTC_ROTKSL=0\r
113 Rx:+HTC_ROTKSL: 216112\r\n0\r
* The numbers next to the Rx: +HTC_RMSL line should be your MSL... I do not know what the ROTKSL is for, but included it in the snippet incase someone knows.

I've done this and its works like a charm.
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 05-19-2009, 08:12 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP

Martek is a n00b
Re: Locate MSL using registry editor

thanks! this helped me a ton!
I found your post while on the phone with sprint. The tech kept trying this one MSL code over and over and couldnt figure out why it wouldnt work. I told him about your post and he stayed on the line while i attempted it. Your steps gave me the correct MSL code, and I was able to unlock.
A few things I noticed...
1. My ATDbgLog.txt file was located at: \ATlog\ instead of the \Temp\ folder.
2. The reason for setting the enabled and logmode registry keys back to zero is so the ATDbgLog.txt file can be opened. The file was locked and I couldnt read it until I set those keys back to zero and soft-reset.
I have a Touch Pro.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-28-2009, 08:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TOuch Diamond

afsalehimd is a n00b

Hey,
I have a question. I dont understand most of the things that you are guys are saying. But I feel like i am asking the right people. So i have the sprint touch diamond and I want to be able to connect to the internet on my computer, via the phone. However, when I try to connect with the USB port and go to internet sharing and click connect, it gives me a code 67. Like the one that is being discussed here I believe.

Can you help me to be able to achiever my goal of getting online on my computer using my phone internet connect?

Thank you,
Afshin
Old 06-28-2009, 09:23 PM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Very first thing to try is simply clicking start, then Settings, then the System tab... scroll down and click on Update Profile. when its finished restart your phone... turn off by holding power button then turn back on again... try to access internet.

BrennB
Old 06-28-2009, 09:36 PM
The Playboy Boy
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

Curb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by afsalehimd View Post
Hey,
I have a question. I dont understand most of the things that you are guys are saying. But I feel like i am asking the right people. So i have the sprint touch diamond and I want to be able to connect to the internet on my computer, via the phone. However, when I try to connect with the USB port and go to internet sharing and click connect, it gives me a code 67. Like the one that is being discussed here I believe.

Can you help me to be able to achiever my goal of getting online on my computer using my phone internet connect?

Thank you,
Afshin
I would say do some searching and reading and post in the correct place.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/search.php?searchid=6682098
Old 06-29-2009, 11:57 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: AT&T

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by afsalehimd View Post
Hey,

Thank you,
Afshin
Searching is your friend, however, I remember what it was like to be new to these devices. Assuming that you are with Sprint, there are a couple of reg edits that need to be made on your phone. Rather than hijack this thread ... PM me and I will walk you through it.
Old 08-29-2009, 08:04 AM
Jmz
Jmz Software
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

Jmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Jmz

Rx:+HTC_RMSL: 354201\r\n0\r

Mine was found at this location.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond