PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Bluetooth turning off randomly? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=59365)

akates 02-27-2009 10:14 AM

Bluetooth turning off randomly?

So my first Diamond had an issue where the bluetooth would randomly shut off, I believe only when it was paired to my car. It wouldn't just disconnect the connection, it would actually toggle off the bluetooth on the phone so that the icon wasn't even showing anymore. I exchanged my phone through TEP but the new one is doing the same thing. This is happening with/without S2U2 and even when S2U2 is installed it's set to not go into Standby which seems to be everyone else's solution to this issue. Any chance I just had 2 buggy phones or is something else causing this?

wmdunn 02-27-2009 10:28 AM

Re: Bluetooth turning off randomly?

Quote:

Originally Posted by akates (Post 742313)
So my first Diamond had an issue where the bluetooth would randomly shut off, I believe only when it was paired to my car. It wouldn't just disconnect the connection, it would actually toggle off the bluetooth on the phone so that the icon wasn't even showing anymore. I exchanged my phone through TEP but the new one is doing the same thing. This is happening with/without S2U2 and even when S2U2 is installed it's set to not go into Standby which seems to be everyone else's solution to this issue. Any chance I just had 2 buggy phones or is something else causing this?

Are you running a custom rom? A while back (and I can't remember exactly where it was), I read on these forums or over at XDA that some others were having the same kind of problem. Turned out that the custom rom they were using, had a blue tooth timer built in by the chef. This may have nothing to do with your issue, but thought I'd mention it ... good luck.

akates 02-27-2009 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wmdunn (Post 742339)
Are you running a custom rom? A while back (and I can't remember exactly where it was), I read on these forums or over at XDA that some others were having the same kind of problem. Turned out that the custom rom they were using, had a blue tooth timer built in by the chef. This may have nothing to do with your issue, but thought I'd mention it ... good luck.

It's OMJ's 2.00 ROM. The thing is, this was happening on the stock ROM before I even flashed when I got my new phone. Is there ANY way my car could be forcing my bluetooth to turn off? Seems strange but this only happens when it's paired in the car. It hasn't happened otherwise.

wmdunn 02-27-2009 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by akates (Post 742390)
It's OMJ's 2.00 ROM. The thing is, this was happening on the stock ROM before I even flashed when I got my new phone. Is there ANY way my car could be forcing my bluetooth to turn off? Seems strange but this only happens when it's paired in the car. It hasn't happened otherwise.

That is odd ... I have used several of OMJ's roms, and never had any issues at all. Here is a link to a discussion over at XDA, maybe there's something in there that can help ... hope so!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=448703

Broncho 02-27-2009 01:14 PM

I've only had a bluetooth headset for about three days but my Diamond has done the same thing to me once already. I originally thought the headset might have disconnected but I finally noticed the bluetooth icon had gone away on the screen. I do have S2U2 installed but haven't adjusted it yet. I'll have to try the don't suspend setting if it keeps happening.

MrObvious 02-27-2009 01:17 PM

It may be bad which means backup everything, flash to stock, relock the bootloader, and take it in. See if they will look at it and can fix it or give you another Diamond to test.

akates 02-27-2009 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrObvious (Post 742629)
It may be bad which means backup everything, flash to stock, relock the bootloader, and take it in. See if they will look at it and can fix it or give you another Diamond to test.

The problem is, this is my 2nd Diamond to do the same thing (although this one was a refurb). What are the chances this happened twice on the two Diamonds I had?

akates 02-27-2009 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wmdunn (Post 742456)
That is odd ... I have used several of OMJ's roms, and never had any issues at all. Here is a link to a discussion over at XDA, maybe there's something in there that can help ... hope so!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=448703

Do you think those scripts would work for a Diamond? They seem to be written for a Sony Ericsson?

akates 02-27-2009 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Broncho (Post 742623)
I've only had a bluetooth headset for about three days but my Diamond has done the same thing to me once already. I originally thought the headset might have disconnected but I finally noticed the bluetooth icon had gone away on the screen. I do have S2U2 installed but haven't adjusted it yet. I'll have to try the don't suspend setting if it keeps happening.

If you have S2U2 running without making that fix I'm sure that's it. Mine does it even without S2U2! I was POSITIVE that would fix it for me the first time but unfortunately it didn't, but I seem to be the only one.

wmdunn 02-27-2009 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by akates (Post 742758)
Do you think those scripts would work for a Diamond? They seem to be written for a Sony Ericsson?

It might be worth a try ... and if not, then back to Sprint. You shouldn't have to deal with all this. Also, make sure they give you a new one ... don't accept a refurb ... just be firm.

akates 02-27-2009 02:58 PM

I may call them and see what they'll do. Last time I just did the online advanced exchange. If I take it in I don't want to have to prove that the bluetooth is spazzing, especially since I can' only get it to happen when it's synced in my car.

akates 02-27-2009 03:09 PM

Just a heads up for anyone else with this issue, I found this .exe over at XDA (not the same one as wmdunn linked to but works perfectly: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=471181. I changed the Dword in the registry to 1000 so it checks ever second. Works like a charm when I manually turn off bluetooth, now we'll just see how well it works in the car!

I think this should be a fine (although not perfect) solution as it doesn't drop our during calls when connected, just while it's paired. Unless someone calls in the few seconds it takes to re-pair after bluetooth goes back on this shouldn't be a big deal.

wmdunn, thanks so much for linking over to XDA to help me find this!

djk1 02-27-2009 03:13 PM

This is my second diamond and I have the same problem. The bluetooth would randomly turn off even on the stock rom. I have been running omj for a couple of days now and seems to be better. Time will tell. My brother and his buddies all have the touch pro and all have the same problem. Bluetooth randomly shuts off. They have actually gotten new phones because of this but still the same problem. I have tried many things to see what would actually cause the problem. At first I thought it was S2U2 but after hard resets and not installing the program I still had the same problem. I have tried all the custom roms here and all of them cause my bluetooth to shut off. I think it is more related to either windows 6.1 or the hardware on the HTC.

akates 02-27-2009 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djk1 (Post 742913)
This is my second diamond and I have the same problem. The bluetooth would randomly turn off even on the stock rom. I have been running omj for a couple of days now and seems to be better. Time will tell. My brother and his buddies all have the touch pro and all have the same problem. Bluetooth randomly shuts off. They have actually gotten new phones because of this but still the same problem. I have tried many things to see what would actually cause the problem. At first I thought it was S2U2 but after hard resets and not installing the program I still had the same problem. I have tried all the custom roms here and all of them cause my bluetooth to shut off. I think it is more related to either windows 6.1 or the hardware on the HTC.

Well at least I'm not the only one with the problem! I thought I was crazy for a while. Try that script I linked too, it's SUPER easy to use and set up. As long as it doesn't kill my battery it'll fit the bill but as the whole .cab is only 6kb I doubt it'll do much!

EastNYsFinest 03-03-2009 10:37 AM

I have the same problem with my HTC Touch Pro. It would even happen during phone calls. I am gonna try this script & see what happens.

akates 03-03-2009 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EastNYsFinest (Post 750515)
I have the same problem with my HTC Touch Pro. It would even happen during phone calls. I am gonna try this script & see what happens.

While the script works it has been draining my battery a little more. Don't really know why as it uses less CPU than even gyrator which didn't cause any battery drain but this definitely is. I wish I could find out the cause of the dropouts rather than just putting a bandaid on it!