PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2009, 10:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

akates is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Bluetooth turning off randomly?

So my first Diamond had an issue where the bluetooth would randomly shut off, I believe only when it was paired to my car. It wouldn't just disconnect the connection, it would actually toggle off the bluetooth on the phone so that the icon wasn't even showing anymore. I exchanged my phone through TEP but the new one is doing the same thing. This is happening with/without S2U2 and even when S2U2 is installed it's set to not go into Standby which seems to be everyone else's solution to this issue. Any chance I just had 2 buggy phones or is something else causing this?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-27-2009, 10:28 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: AT&T

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP
Re: Bluetooth turning off randomly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by akates View Post
So my first Diamond had an issue where the bluetooth would randomly shut off, I believe only when it was paired to my car. It wouldn't just disconnect the connection, it would actually toggle off the bluetooth on the phone so that the icon wasn't even showing anymore. I exchanged my phone through TEP but the new one is doing the same thing. This is happening with/without S2U2 and even when S2U2 is installed it's set to not go into Standby which seems to be everyone else's solution to this issue. Any chance I just had 2 buggy phones or is something else causing this?
Are you running a custom rom? A while back (and I can't remember exactly where it was), I read on these forums or over at XDA that some others were having the same kind of problem. Turned out that the custom rom they were using, had a blue tooth timer built in by the chef. This may have nothing to do with your issue, but thought I'd mention it ... good luck.
Old 02-27-2009, 11:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmdunn View Post
Are you running a custom rom? A while back (and I can't remember exactly where it was), I read on these forums or over at XDA that some others were having the same kind of problem. Turned out that the custom rom they were using, had a blue tooth timer built in by the chef. This may have nothing to do with your issue, but thought I'd mention it ... good luck.
It's OMJ's 2.00 ROM. The thing is, this was happening on the stock ROM before I even flashed when I got my new phone. Is there ANY way my car could be forcing my bluetooth to turn off? Seems strange but this only happens when it's paired in the car. It hasn't happened otherwise.
Old 02-27-2009, 11:58 AM
VIP Member

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP

Quote:
It's OMJ's 2.00 ROM. The thing is, this was happening on the stock ROM before I even flashed when I got my new phone. Is there ANY way my car could be forcing my bluetooth to turn off? Seems strange but this only happens when it's paired in the car. It hasn't happened otherwise.
That is odd ... I have used several of OMJ's roms, and never had any issues at all. Here is a link to a discussion over at XDA, maybe there's something in there that can help ... hope so!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=448703
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-27-2009, 01:14 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Diamon

Broncho is a n00b

I've only had a bluetooth headset for about three days but my Diamond has done the same thing to me once already. I originally thought the headset might have disconnected but I finally noticed the bluetooth icon had gone away on the screen. I do have S2U2 installed but haven't adjusted it yet. I'll have to try the don't suspend setting if it keeps happening.
Old 02-27-2009, 01:17 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

It may be bad which means backup everything, flash to stock, relock the bootloader, and take it in. See if they will look at it and can fix it or give you another Diamond to test.
Old 02-27-2009, 01:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
It may be bad which means backup everything, flash to stock, relock the bootloader, and take it in. See if they will look at it and can fix it or give you another Diamond to test.
The problem is, this is my 2nd Diamond to do the same thing (although this one was a refurb). What are the chances this happened twice on the two Diamonds I had?
Old 02-27-2009, 02:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmdunn View Post
That is odd ... I have used several of OMJ's roms, and never had any issues at all. Here is a link to a discussion over at XDA, maybe there's something in there that can help ... hope so!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=448703
Do you think those scripts would work for a Diamond? They seem to be written for a Sony Ericsson?
Old 02-27-2009, 02:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncho View Post
I've only had a bluetooth headset for about three days but my Diamond has done the same thing to me once already. I originally thought the headset might have disconnected but I finally noticed the bluetooth icon had gone away on the screen. I do have S2U2 installed but haven't adjusted it yet. I'll have to try the don't suspend setting if it keeps happening.
If you have S2U2 running without making that fix I'm sure that's it. Mine does it even without S2U2! I was POSITIVE that would fix it for me the first time but unfortunately it didn't, but I seem to be the only one.
Old 02-27-2009, 02:18 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Do you think those scripts would work for a Diamond? They seem to be written for a Sony Ericsson?
It might be worth a try ... and if not, then back to Sprint. You shouldn't have to deal with all this. Also, make sure they give you a new one ... don't accept a refurb ... just be firm.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond