PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2009, 02:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

akates is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Bluetooth turning off randomly?

I may call them and see what they'll do. Last time I just did the online advanced exchange. If I take it in I don't want to have to prove that the bluetooth is spazzing, especially since I can' only get it to happen when it's synced in my car.
Old 02-27-2009, 03:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Just a heads up for anyone else with this issue, I found this .exe over at XDA (not the same one as wmdunn linked to but works perfectly: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=471181. I changed the Dword in the registry to 1000 so it checks ever second. Works like a charm when I manually turn off bluetooth, now we'll just see how well it works in the car!

I think this should be a fine (although not perfect) solution as it doesn't drop our during calls when connected, just while it's paired. Unless someone calls in the few seconds it takes to re-pair after bluetooth goes back on this shouldn't be a big deal.

wmdunn, thanks so much for linking over to XDA to help me find this!
Old 02-27-2009, 03:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: sprint hero
Carrier: sprint

djk1 is just getting started

This is my second diamond and I have the same problem. The bluetooth would randomly turn off even on the stock rom. I have been running omj for a couple of days now and seems to be better. Time will tell. My brother and his buddies all have the touch pro and all have the same problem. Bluetooth randomly shuts off. They have actually gotten new phones because of this but still the same problem. I have tried many things to see what would actually cause the problem. At first I thought it was S2U2 but after hard resets and not installing the program I still had the same problem. I have tried all the custom roms here and all of them cause my bluetooth to shut off. I think it is more related to either windows 6.1 or the hardware on the HTC.
Old 02-27-2009, 03:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by djk1 View Post
This is my second diamond and I have the same problem. The bluetooth would randomly turn off even on the stock rom. I have been running omj for a couple of days now and seems to be better. Time will tell. My brother and his buddies all have the touch pro and all have the same problem. Bluetooth randomly shuts off. They have actually gotten new phones because of this but still the same problem. I have tried many things to see what would actually cause the problem. At first I thought it was S2U2 but after hard resets and not installing the program I still had the same problem. I have tried all the custom roms here and all of them cause my bluetooth to shut off. I think it is more related to either windows 6.1 or the hardware on the HTC.
Well at least I'm not the only one with the problem! I thought I was crazy for a while. Try that script I linked too, it's SUPER easy to use and set up. As long as it doesn't kill my battery it'll fit the bill but as the whole .cab is only 6kb I doubt it'll do much!
Old 03-03-2009, 10:37 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

EastNYsFinest is a n00b

I have the same problem with my HTC Touch Pro. It would even happen during phone calls. I am gonna try this script & see what happens.
Old 03-03-2009, 10:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastNYsFinest View Post
I have the same problem with my HTC Touch Pro. It would even happen during phone calls. I am gonna try this script & see what happens.
While the script works it has been draining my battery a little more. Don't really know why as it uses less CPU than even gyrator which didn't cause any battery drain but this definitely is. I wish I could find out the cause of the dropouts rather than just putting a bandaid on it!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond