PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2009, 04:31 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

Northpoint is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
diamond battery life?

Is there anyway that I can improve the htc touch diamonds battery life besides lowering the screen and not using data applications such as internet? Please guys can you help me before I plan on taking my phone back to sprint and get a blackberry.
Old 02-26-2009, 04:37 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Iphone 4s
Carrier: Sprint

violent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: diamond battery life?

welcome

with that said, there are THOUSANDS of topics (ok not really) but there are a lot of topics talking about battery/Diamond. Do a search...

some things that may help, besides getting a larger battery.

Flashing a different ROM
turning screen off durning calls
don't have so many programs running in the background
Old 02-26-2009, 05:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3Dâ„¢

Unknownforce knows their stuffUnknownforce knows their stuffUnknownforce knows their stuffUnknownforce knows their stuffUnknownforce knows their stuffUnknownforce knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northpoint View Post
Is there anyway that I can improve the htc touch diamonds battery life besides lowering the screen and not using data applications such as internet? Please guys can you help me before I plan on taking my phone back to sprint and get a blackberry.
I get at least 2 full days with light-moderate usage. ROM's are what make a big difference, because they have many enhancements and registry modifications that make a world of difference. Also Radio's have an extreme effect on it as well. And also you need to make sure to not have something running in the background when you turn the screen off, that uses up memory and take battery power to keep it active in memory.

2 of the biggest things for battery life are Radio and the registry setting for battery polling. The biggest drain on the battery when idle is weak radio signal, if you're always bouncing back and forth with roaming, it might be a good idea to get a better provider for your area, or think about switching to a GSM Diamond.

Also, if you're not too worried about using EV-DO (for faster data transfer speeds) I would set your phone to use 1x Mode Only, this also helps battery life significantly when it doesn't use Hybrid mode, bouncing between EV and 1x. This is a setting in some ROMs simply by going to phone settings and the "Service" tab. Others don't have this as an easy setting. You might have to do some searching to get that setting changed.

Basically flash to a new ROM, Flash a new Radio (These you'll have to kind of play with to find one that works best for your area) disable anything you can that you don't use or like (bluetooth, wi-fi, vibrate, light on message, theme settings, etc)

Don't give up on it so soon, Good Luck.

Phone: Sprint HTC EVO 3D
ROM: Synergy Nightly with Own Mods
"If you have the stereo on, why would you turn up the volume on the TV?" 'Cause I like to party
Old 02-26-2009, 07:26 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: The Now Network

mulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on rep

My battery got much better with a new rom, new radio, and I also disabled my gsensor.

"I am Mulhiny and I am a flasher"..wmdunn
"I am Mulhiny and I'm a phone junkie"..Riley

Last edited by mulhiny; 02-26-2009 at 11:01 PM.
Old 02-26-2009, 08:13 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Konfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Flash Mighty Rom and get back to us. Battery life is great!
Old 02-26-2009, 08:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Tp Custom/BB Tour5.0.230
Carrier: Sprint ;>(

sprintnerd is keeping up the good worksprintnerd is keeping up the good worksprintnerd is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to sprintnerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by violent31601 View Post
welcome

with that said, there are THOUSANDS of topics (ok not really) but there are a lot of topics talking about battery/Diamond. Do a search...

some things that may help, besides getting a larger battery.

Flashing a different ROM
turning screen off durning calls
don't have so many programs running in the background
Ditto, Changing the Rom I found was the way to go. If I may recommend a Rom it would be Rstoyguy just my flavor, but shop around its all good.
Old 02-26-2009, 08:40 PM
LMG - GEEK, VIP!!!
Pocket PC: HTC TP Pro 2 (From HTC Touch Diamond)

lawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to lawmangrant Send a message via MSN to lawmangrant Send a message via Yahoo to lawmangrant Send a message via Skype™ to lawmangrant

Also, look at flashing a new Cell Radio in your phone.

Flashing to the newest Sprint radio did wonders for my battery.
PLAN:
Everything450, w/ unlimited mobile to mobile[B]

Need Dropbox? Use my referral here!
Old 02-26-2009, 09:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Surround
Carrier: AT&T

Tiberius85 is keeping up the good workTiberius85 is keeping up the good work

Disabling your active data connection when not in use, most efficiently by making the long hold end key disable active data connections, will give you significantly more battery life. I was able to keep my phone going for 3-4 days on standby with the radios enabled to take phone calls, but not an active ready data connection. Results are amazing.. works best right after a soft reset, and make sure your email is set to manually check.
Old 02-26-2009, 11:46 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Threadstarter

Northpoint is a n00b

do you guys have any links that can allow me to tweak my htc touch diamond phone?
Old 02-27-2009, 08:26 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: The Now Network

mulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Everything you need is right here my man..

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond