PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   diamond battery life? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=59302)

Northpoint 02-26-2009 04:31 PM

diamond battery life?

Is there anyway that I can improve the htc touch diamonds battery life besides lowering the screen and not using data applications such as internet? Please guys can you help me before I plan on taking my phone back to sprint and get a blackberry.

violent31601 02-26-2009 04:37 PM

Re: diamond battery life?

welcome

with that said, there are THOUSANDS of topics (ok not really) but there are a lot of topics talking about battery/Diamond. Do a search...

some things that may help, besides getting a larger battery.

Flashing a different ROM
turning screen off durning calls
don't have so many programs running in the background

Unknownforce 02-26-2009 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Northpoint (Post 740793)
Is there anyway that I can improve the htc touch diamonds battery life besides lowering the screen and not using data applications such as internet? Please guys can you help me before I plan on taking my phone back to sprint and get a blackberry.

I get at least 2 full days with light-moderate usage. ROM's are what make a big difference, because they have many enhancements and registry modifications that make a world of difference. Also Radio's have an extreme effect on it as well. And also you need to make sure to not have something running in the background when you turn the screen off, that uses up memory and take battery power to keep it active in memory.

2 of the biggest things for battery life are Radio and the registry setting for battery polling. The biggest drain on the battery when idle is weak radio signal, if you're always bouncing back and forth with roaming, it might be a good idea to get a better provider for your area, or think about switching to a GSM Diamond.

Also, if you're not too worried about using EV-DO (for faster data transfer speeds) I would set your phone to use 1x Mode Only, this also helps battery life significantly when it doesn't use Hybrid mode, bouncing between EV and 1x. This is a setting in some ROMs simply by going to phone settings and the "Service" tab. Others don't have this as an easy setting. You might have to do some searching to get that setting changed.

Basically flash to a new ROM, Flash a new Radio (These you'll have to kind of play with to find one that works best for your area) disable anything you can that you don't use or like (bluetooth, wi-fi, vibrate, light on message, theme settings, etc)

Don't give up on it so soon, Good Luck.

mulhiny 02-26-2009 07:26 PM

My battery got much better with a new rom, new radio, and I also disabled my gsensor.

Konfuzion 02-26-2009 08:13 PM

Flash Mighty Rom and get back to us. Battery life is great!

sprintnerd 02-26-2009 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by violent31601 (Post 740811)
welcome

with that said, there are THOUSANDS of topics (ok not really) but there are a lot of topics talking about battery/Diamond. Do a search...

some things that may help, besides getting a larger battery.

Flashing a different ROM
turning screen off durning calls
don't have so many programs running in the background

Ditto, Changing the Rom I found was the way to go. If I may recommend a Rom it would be Rstoyguy just my flavor, but shop around its all good. :drunken:

lawmangrant 02-26-2009 08:40 PM

Also, look at flashing a new Cell Radio in your phone.

Flashing to the newest Sprint radio did wonders for my battery.

Tiberius85 02-26-2009 09:06 PM

Disabling your active data connection when not in use, most efficiently by making the long hold end key disable active data connections, will give you significantly more battery life. I was able to keep my phone going for 3-4 days on standby with the radios enabled to take phone calls, but not an active ready data connection. Results are amazing.. works best right after a soft reset, and make sure your email is set to manually check.

Northpoint 02-26-2009 11:46 PM

do you guys have any links that can allow me to tweak my htc touch diamond phone?

mulhiny 02-27-2009 08:26 AM

Everything you need is right here my man..

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67