PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2009, 03:55 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Iphone 4s
Carrier: Sprint

violent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
SPB backup question

maybe this is a stupid question but if I back up on one phone can I just take the one file (the backup file) over to a new phone and it should restore to my new phone with no problems?
Old 02-26-2009, 04:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HP H3850-->HP hx2190-->HTC Touch Diamond-->HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Telus Mobility

banjoeball knows their stuffbanjoeball knows their stuffbanjoeball knows their stuffbanjoeball knows their stuffbanjoeball knows their stuffbanjoeball knows their stuffbanjoeball knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to banjoeball
Re: SPB backup question

That depends on what you're backing up. If it's just your emails and contacts, even your 'my documents' give it a try, it probably won't mess anything up.
But don't back up/restore the system settings unless it is the same model of phone, running the same rom. Unless you want some problems.

But the general idea with SPB Backup is that you back up your files into a self-extracting .exe that you just press-and-restore.
Old 02-26-2009, 04:20 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Iphone 4s
Threadstarter

violent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeball88 View Post
That depends on what you're backing up. If it's just your emails and contacts, even your 'my documents' give it a try, it probably won't mess anything up.
But don't back up/restore the system settings unless it is the same model of phone, running the same rom. Unless you want some problems.

But the general idea with SPB Backup is that you back up your files into a self-extracting .exe that you just press-and-restore.

yes, they are the same phone model
Old 02-26-2009, 06:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3Dâ„¢

Unknownforce knows their stuffUnknownforce knows their stuffUnknownforce knows their stuffUnknownforce knows their stuffUnknownforce knows their stuffUnknownforce knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by violent31601 View Post
maybe this is a stupid question but if I back up on one phone can I just take the one file (the backup file) over to a new phone and it should restore to my new phone with no problems?
Assuming your two phones are the same model, and they both have the same number programmed into them. Then PIM and SPB will both function the same, just make sure you're using the SAME version and program (PIM or SPB) to backup and restore with on both devices.

That's one of the main reasons these programs exist is for backup just in case of phone failure or replacement.

Phone: Sprint HTC EVO 3D
ROM: Synergy Nightly with Own Mods
"If you have the stereo on, why would you turn up the volume on the TV?" 'Cause I like to party
Old 02-26-2009, 06:24 PM
VIP PATROL
Pocket PC: EVO 4G/3D
Carrier: SPRINT

JAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via MSN to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via Yahoo to JAVIERBOND007

Agree with all the answers here...

Old 02-26-2009, 06:27 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

yes you'll have no problem 'porting' you backup to a different phone...

Best... Member... Ever...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond