PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2009, 09:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Tp2
Carrier: Sprint

AL_CAPONE_187 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question .:HTC Touch Diamond Call Tones!!???:.

ok guys ive read and looked for my answer couldnt find it. before you guys flame me saying use the search button i wanted to tell you guys that i did use it and came across this thread and post which i believe work the same way. . .

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ght=call+tones

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...7&postcount=12

but i was not sure if it would work for my diamond since one was posted as an answer for the mogul in another thread and the other was posted to be the answer for the tp in another thread so i wasnt quite sure if it would work with my sprint diamond?

but either way i wanted to know how to get call tones to work for my sprint diamond?

and also is it possible to make my own customize call tones so i dont have to pay for one from sprint plus sprint doesnt even offer a call tone for the song i want or from the artist i want either but i do have the song on my computer and wanted to know if it was possible to make an call tone from the song and artist on my computer? kinda like making my own ringtone.

i wanna do this for my diamond and mogul but since i came across that one post i have a feeling how to set it up with access for the mogul but dont for the diamond. also either way i still dont know if its possible to make and use my own call tones from the artist i want. like under ground artist or local artist that sprint has never heard of.

all your guys help and answers will be greatly appreciated.
Old 02-24-2009, 10:34 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evotastic

scheel78 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularscheel78 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularscheel78 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularscheel78 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: .:HTC Touch Diamond Call Tones!!???:.

The cab in the second post should work on your diamond. Calltones are a service that sprint will charge you for. There is no way to use your own or get it for free.
Old 02-24-2009, 11:52 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Konfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on rep

You can put an mp3 file on your phone and use the program that comes with your phone "mp3 trimmer" and then put the new mp3 file in the "rings" folder under windows/rings.
Old 02-24-2009, 10:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Tp2
Threadstarter

AL_CAPONE_187 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konfuzion View Post
You can put an mp3 file on your phone and use the program that comes with your phone "mp3 trimmer" and then put the new mp3 file in the "rings" folder under windows/rings.
and that will allow it or me to have my own custom call back tone? of my choice and liking?
Old 02-24-2009, 10:58 PM
VIP Droid
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO 3D

Genjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuff
Send a message via Skype™ to Genjinaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL_CAPONE_187 View Post
and that will allow it or me to have my own custom call back tone? of my choice and liking?
No, he is mistaken...
What he posted just works for the ring, nothing more.
Old 02-24-2009, 11:07 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond CDMA
Carrier: Telus

ShatteredAxe is a n00b

Answertones, or callback tones are a service that is activated by Sprint. It is not in any way affiliated to any files on your phone. Think of it more like voicemail, it doesnt exist on your phone, you can only manage it via sprint.
Old 02-24-2009, 11:10 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Yup, calltones are from the Sprint side of the service. There isn't a way to have your phone play a sound to replace ringing on the other end.
Old 02-25-2009, 01:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Alltel

InfamousHB is a n00b

Theoretically though, an app could be created that answers the phone, plays the mp3 on answer, and waits for you to either pick up and ignore, yeah?
Old 02-25-2009, 01:19 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

Check out the last post in this thread.

late,
Coz
Old 03-06-2009, 02:17 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond CDMA
Carrier: Telus

ShatteredAxe is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfamousHB View Post
Theoretically though, an app could be created that answers the phone, plays the mp3 on answer, and waits for you to either pick up and ignore, yeah?
That would make it so whenever someone called you both would be charged even if you ended up rejecting the call. Same deal if your away from the phone.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond