PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Check your stylus! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=58932)

highlife22 02-24-2009 02:45 AM

Re: Check your stylus!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fixup (Post 734304)
I use thumbs mostly otherwise I won't have got only 3 scratches! If it was not the Walmart screen protector, I still won't have realized it was the damn stylus and I'd get more.

Now I think I can remove the protector, but it is still better to have it in case I'll drop the phone. Also I actually get better touch responses with the protector on. It does not add any side effect to colors, brightness and clearness etc. I recall some color and font distortion with the Sprint protector.

Protectors are a must! The one I had on finally started to fold up on the corners so I peeled it off and need to get another one. But definitely the little screen defects didn't start showing up til then.

jsvt3 02-24-2009 03:08 AM

I have noticed my stylus seems rough on the screen sometimes, and I am not pressing hard at all. Could be a by product of chewing etc... like so many others have noticed. I bought the cheap screen protectors, but can't get em on without at least a few bubbles and it drives me nuts.

Fixup 02-24-2009 04:26 AM

Make sure you clean up the screen AND the protector/film. If the protector/film has debris on them, the debris will drop down to the screen while you tear off the film, then you'll get bubbles.

Sometime a bubble does not have debris in it, then you can use the film to lift up the protector and redo that part.

Once the protector has caught a dust, it is wasted.

cannibalslug 02-24-2009 04:54 AM

I swear my scratches and stuff come from playing solitaire (i'll never double tap again) trying to move things to the upper deck...stupid stylus...it's just not a finger friendly game.

Then again it is WinMo...

Unknownforce 02-24-2009 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrObvious (Post 733982)
I don't have a protector and I don't even have a scratch from my stylus. Of course I usually use my thumbs. :lol

Ugh, no protector? My screen would be toast right now! I love the protector. It makes for fluid movement on the screen and just feels better than the nakie feel anyways!

Darkness231 02-24-2009 12:18 PM

I always run naked, and don't have any scratches.

Unknownforce 02-24-2009 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darkness231 (Post 735018)
I always run naked, and don't have any scratches.

We're talking about diamonds, not college frat parties! Wrong forum chief!

haha, just kidding :mrgreen:

MrObvious 02-25-2009 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unknownforce (Post 735010)
Ugh, no protector? My screen would be toast right now! I love the protector. It makes for fluid movement on the screen and just feels better than the nakie feel anyways!

My phone is pretty new. I upgraded using insurance about 2-3 weeks ago and so it's probably not going to be used much. Maybe I will get an extended battery here soon and a screen protector.