PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   randomly screen lights up- no call/texts (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=58867)

sporty9xterra 02-23-2009 10:44 AM

randomly screen lights up- no call/texts

Has anyone else noticed every now and then the screen will light up as if it thinks a call or text or something is coming but then nothing does? Its not that often it just confuses me sometimes bc I'm not sure if its just something Im not receiving? just curious

Unknownforce 02-23-2009 11:03 AM

Re: randomly screen lights up- no call/texts

Quote:

Originally Posted by sporty9xterra (Post 731935)
Has anyone else noticed every now and then the screen will light up as if it thinks a call or text or something is coming but then nothing does? Its not that often it just confuses me sometimes bc I'm not sure if its just something Im not receiving? just curious

I get this every now and again myself, but I think it has something to do with roaming. Do you often roam where this happens?

AcidFire52 02-23-2009 11:11 AM

My Mogal did that all the time. Not sure why.

anthony67 02-23-2009 11:14 AM

I call it ghost sms....happens to me often.

mnassoiy 02-23-2009 11:31 AM

Roaming (or switching back to EV) causes this. Bluetooth on (trying to connect to headset) also causes this.

It really sucks because of the battery drain and inadvertant pocket calling. I have not found a good solution yet.

Unknownforce 02-23-2009 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnassoiy (Post 732049)
Roaming (or switching back to EV) causes this. Bluetooth on (trying to connect to headset) also causes this.

It really sucks because of the battery drain and inadvertant pocket calling. I have not found a good solution yet.

A solution to pocket calling is easy. S2U2 or some other locking software.

But as to the turning on when roaming/bluetooth. I haven't found anything that will solve that. If anyone knows, share the wealth =)

J0KER 02-23-2009 02:39 PM

I see this sometimes as well. I think I've tracked it down to Exchange and Active Sync. Of your YMMV, but in my case, I have several rules setup that will move an incoming email from my Inbox to a subfolder. When this happens, I've noticed sometimes my light will start flashing on my phone like I had a new email, but when I look, there is nothing there.

What made me assume this is causing the light to come on on my mobile is that I have seen this happen in Outlook, where an email comes in, sits in my inbox for a split second, and then the client side rule kicks in and moves the email.

HTH

the7thson 02-25-2009 06:17 AM

Happens to me all the time while the phone is sitting on the desk in front of me. No active data connection, no roaming(phone isn't moving), no nothing, but the screen will still wake up now and then. No idea why but it's annoying..

CozBoogie 02-25-2009 01:12 PM

Moved to the general Diamond Forum.

late,
Coz

bmwguy259 03-09-2009 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the7thson (Post 737299)
Happens to me all the time while the phone is sitting on the desk in front of me. No active data connection, no roaming(phone isn't moving), no nothing, but the screen will still wake up now and then. No idea why but it's annoying..

EXACT THING happens to me too! LOL @ the "ghost sms" hahah