PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Screen cracked on ~3 months old Diamond, no TEP though, what should I do? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=58817)

Procter 02-22-2009 10:28 PM

Screen cracked on ~3 months old Diamond, no TEP though, what should I do?

So I was waiting for my hair cut yesterday, playing with my less than 3 months old Diamond. It dropped facing down to the carpet, surprisingly the screen cracked a bit even though it fell when I was sitting on a chair (not a huge height), and there was carpet covered indoor floor (not thick carpet though).

Anyway, 3 cracks are on the bottom left corner. Looks like they are underneath the top cover glass, since it feels smooth and looked intact on the top cover.

Unfortunately I don't have TEP on this phone and I'll have to wait until Sep this year before getting a new phone when renewing the contract. So what's my best option now?

Can Sprint repair store or HTC repair it for a reasonable price? Or I should just wait for the new phone in 6 months as everything still works on this phone so far, no loss of touch response, or other stuff.

Thanks for any suggestion.

Dr.8820 02-22-2009 10:34 PM

Re: Screen cracked on ~3 months old Diamond, no TEP though, what should I do?

call *2 and add tep. it will cost you $55 but that's better than whatever the diamond cost plus tax. do it now before 4/09!

Procter 02-22-2009 10:38 PM

I thought I could add TEP only within 30 days of new phone activation? And why before 4/09? Thanks

O'Neil Mitchell 02-22-2009 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Procter (Post 731017)
So I was waiting for my hair cut yesterday, playing with my less than 3 months old Diamond. It dropped facing down to the carpet, surprisingly the screen cracked a bit even though it fell when I was sitting on a chair (not a huge height), and there was carpet covered indoor floor (not thick carpet though).

Anyway, 3 cracks are on the bottom left corner. Looks like they are underneath the top cover glass, since it feels smooth and looked intact on the top cover.

Unfortunately I don't have TEP on this phone and I'll have to wait until Sep this year before getting a new phone when renewing the contract. So what's my best option now?

Can Sprint repair store or HTC repair it for a reasonable price? Or I should just wait for the new phone in 6 months as everything still works on this phone so far, no loss of touch response, or other stuff.

Thanks for any suggestion.

Something similar happen to me once. I called Loyalty and told them the ohine was left in the car. I Bit*hed like crazy, they ended up getting me to sign another three year contract and gave me a new phone. That was Telus though, don't know how it works in the States

lawmangrant 02-22-2009 11:30 PM

You can add TEP when ever...you just have to keep it active for at least 30 days after activation I believe.

tmz 02-22-2009 11:32 PM

Or do it your self..

http://cgi.ebay.com/SPRINT-HTC-TOUCH...3A1%7C294%3A50

Thanks T M Z

kellybrf 02-23-2009 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lawmangrant (Post 731172)
You can add TEP when ever...you just have to keep it active for at least 30 days after activation I believe.

no, it has to be w/in 30 days of activation

procter, if your not comfortable doing it yourself a sprint service center will fix it for $120.

Exil3d 02-23-2009 12:59 AM

why before 4/09?

lawmangrant 02-23-2009 01:31 AM

I don't think it has to be within 30 days of activation...

TEP is something that can be added at any time, they want our monthly money remember???

Trident 02-23-2009 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lawmangrant (Post 731434)
I don't think it has to be within 30 days of activation...

TEP is something that can be added at any time, they want our monthly money remember???

Definitely NOT true with Sprint. I've added phones to my account that weren't covered and tried to cover them and been told that it's only available in the first 30 days after the phone is first activated.
They want our money, true, but they don't want people putting it on an old (possibly already broken) phone.
It can be added with some whining and complaining if it's never been done before, but it has to be a really good reason. If you can show that you requested it be added on and thought that it was...

Why would you get a $600 phone and not pay for the TEP anyway?