PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2009, 02:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D™
Carrier: Sprint

Unknownforce knows their stuffUnknownforce knows their stuffUnknownforce knows their stuffUnknownforce knows their stuffUnknownforce knows their stuffUnknownforce knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Texts getting read to me?

OK, so I got a text this morning from my roommate who I get texts from all the time, and it was normal, it vibrated like it does and it had the normal sound that I have set for text messages...

BUT... I get a text message from another person in my contact list and it vibrates, rings, but it also READS the text message to me?? Where is the option for that?!

Also when this same person called it had a different ring tone!? BUT I looked in my contact for that person... and I DON'T have a different ring tone for him?!

What's up with that?!

Phone: Sprint HTC EVO 3D
ROM: Synergy Nightly with Own Mods
"If you have the stereo on, why would you turn up the volume on the TV?" 'Cause I like to party
Old 02-22-2009, 02:33 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: ME - EVO, WIFE - EVO

lnchbx13 knows their stufflnchbx13 knows their stufflnchbx13 knows their stufflnchbx13 knows their stufflnchbx13 knows their stufflnchbx13 knows their stuff
Re: Texts getting read to me?

Sounds like something is happening that from an "unknownforce"...haha...sorry...i couldn't resist...
Old 02-22-2009, 02:34 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Most likely voice command. If you look at the two text, the one that was read to you was set to high priority? You can turn off voice command notifications in startmenu-setttings-personal tab-voice command.

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-22-2009, 02:35 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknownforce View Post
OK, so I got a text this morning from my roommate who I get texts from all the time, and it was normal, it vibrated like it does and it had the normal sound that I have set for text messages...

BUT... I get a text message from another person in my contact list and it vibrates, rings, but it also READS the text message to me?? Where is the option for that?!

Also when this same person called it had a different ring tone!? BUT I looked in my contact for that person... and I DON'T have a different ring tone for him?!

What's up with that?!
i bet the message that got read was marked high priority right?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-22-2009, 04:19 PM
LMG - GEEK, VIP!!!
Pocket PC: HTC TP Pro 2 (From HTC Touch Diamond)

lawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to lawmangrant Send a message via MSN to lawmangrant Send a message via Yahoo to lawmangrant Send a message via Skype™ to lawmangrant

Sounds like Voice Command read the text.
PLAN:
Everything450, w/ unlimited mobile to mobile[B]

Need Dropbox? Use my referral here!
Old 02-22-2009, 10:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D™
Threadstarter

Unknownforce knows their stuffUnknownforce knows their stuffUnknownforce knows their stuffUnknownforce knows their stuffUnknownforce knows their stuffUnknownforce knows their stuff

haha, I was freaking out so bad when I heard it talking to me... Yea, Voice command it was. I never knew that! Thanks
Old 02-22-2009, 11:08 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2
Carrier: Telus

O'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Yahoo to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Skype™ to O'Neil Mitchell

What need to changed in Voice Command to acheive this
(TXT READ TO YOU)

FIGURED IT OUT, too bad the message has to be maked urgent

Last edited by O'Neil Mitchell; 02-22-2009 at 11:19 PM.
Old 02-22-2009, 11:11 PM
Account Disabled

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by O'Neil Mitchell View Post
What need to changed in Voice Command to acheive this
(TXT READ TO YOU)
i want you to pound my thanks button for this but hold on...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-22-2009, 11:21 PM
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr8820 View Post
i want you to pound my thanks button for this but hold on...
start>settings>voice command>click messaging>then click options.then make sure announce new messages is checked. then uncheck high prioritry messages is UNCHECKED. then hit my thankz button...
This post has been thanked 8 times.
Old 02-22-2009, 11:29 PM
LMG - GEEK, VIP!!!
Pocket PC: HTC TP Pro 2 (From HTC Touch Diamond)

lawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to lawmangrant Send a message via MSN to lawmangrant Send a message via Yahoo to lawmangrant Send a message via Skype™ to lawmangrant

LOL....Pound that thanks button! LOL

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond