PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Texts getting read to me? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=58758)

Unknownforce 02-22-2009 02:30 PM

Texts getting read to me?

OK, so I got a text this morning from my roommate who I get texts from all the time, and it was normal, it vibrated like it does and it had the normal sound that I have set for text messages...

BUT... I get a text message from another person in my contact list and it vibrates, rings, but it also READS the text message to me?? Where is the option for that?!

Also when this same person called it had a different ring tone!? BUT I looked in my contact for that person... and I DON'T have a different ring tone for him?!

What's up with that?!

lnchbx13 02-22-2009 02:33 PM

Re: Texts getting read to me?

Sounds like something is happening that from an "unknownforce"...haha...sorry...i couldn't resist...

rstoyguy 02-22-2009 02:34 PM

Most likely voice command. If you look at the two text, the one that was read to you was set to high priority? You can turn off voice command notifications in startmenu-setttings-personal tab-voice command. :)

Dr.8820 02-22-2009 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unknownforce (Post 730086)
OK, so I got a text this morning from my roommate who I get texts from all the time, and it was normal, it vibrated like it does and it had the normal sound that I have set for text messages...

BUT... I get a text message from another person in my contact list and it vibrates, rings, but it also READS the text message to me?? Where is the option for that?!

Also when this same person called it had a different ring tone!? BUT I looked in my contact for that person... and I DON'T have a different ring tone for him?!

What's up with that?!

i bet the message that got read was marked high priority right?

lawmangrant 02-22-2009 04:19 PM

Sounds like Voice Command read the text.

Unknownforce 02-22-2009 10:07 PM

haha, I was freaking out so bad when I heard it talking to me... Yea, Voice command it was. I never knew that! Thanks :)

O'Neil Mitchell 02-22-2009 11:08 PM

What need to changed in Voice Command to acheive this
(TXT READ TO YOU)

FIGURED IT OUT, too bad the message has to be maked urgent

Dr.8820 02-22-2009 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O'Neil Mitchell (Post 731125)
What need to changed in Voice Command to acheive this
(TXT READ TO YOU)

i want you to pound my thanks button for this but hold on...

Dr.8820 02-22-2009 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr8820 (Post 731133)
i want you to pound my thanks button for this but hold on...

start>settings>voice command>click messaging>then click options.then make sure announce new messages is checked. then uncheck high prioritry messages is UNCHECKED. then hit my thankz button...

lawmangrant 02-22-2009 11:29 PM

LOL....Pound that thanks button! LOL